My 2016 R3 Race Build - Page 3 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

 18Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 Old 07-09-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dav810's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Yay! Update time. Seems like its been forever. Sent the bike off to get the suspension done, then off to have a dry break welded in. Got all the bodywork back too!

Fancy new dry break



New Andriani fork internals



Bazzaz with quick-shifter and AF monitor. (No need for TC on this thing )






Finally, with the bodywork on. Tank cover is out being painted right now.


Dave
CMRA Expert #810
Dav810 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 36 Old 07-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Doc-Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav810 View Post
Yay! Update time. Seems like its been forever. Sent the bike off to get the suspension done, then off to have a dry break welded in. Got all the bodywork back too!

Fancy new dry break



New Andriani fork internals



Bazzaz with quick-shifter and AF monitor. (No need for TC on this thing )






Finally, with the bodywork on. Tank cover is out being painted right now.


Is this build for endurance racing (dry break connector)? I would love to ride it at Cresson and ECR.....last rode in TX in 2010
Doc-Ram is online now  
post #23 of 36 Old 07-09-2016, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dav810's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
Is this build for endurance racing (dry break connector)? I would love to ride it at Cresson and ECR.....last rode in TX in 2010
Yeah its for lightweight endurance. Ive been at Cresson two of the last 3 weekends. We havent raced at ECR in the last 2 years because the track surface is garbage.

Dave
CMRA Expert #810
Dav810 is offline  
 
post #24 of 36 Old 07-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Doc-Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav810 View Post
Yeah its for lightweight endurance. Ive been at Cresson two of the last 3 weekends. We havent raced at ECR in the last 2 years because the track surface is garbage.
how'd you like hte Andreani kit? I'm having to lower the front to make it a more aggressive geometry (having trouble turning in). I admit I never rode my bike for more than a session yet, lol

Hope to get a lot of riding in August to get ready for races in September/October.
Doc-Ram is online now  
post #25 of 36 Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dav810's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
how'd you like hte Andreani kit? I'm having to lower the front to make it a more aggressive geometry (having trouble turning in). I admit I never rode my bike for more than a session yet, lol

Hope to get a lot of riding in August to get ready for races in September/October.
Sorr, should have clarified. I havent had a chance to ride it yet. I just got the bike back the other day and I needed a few things before I could take it to the track. Should have it at Cresson next Sun.

Dave
CMRA Expert #810
Dav810 is offline  
post #26 of 36 Old 07-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
torrid_pace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
shes coming along nicely

Your friendly neighborhood thread de-railer
WMRC #765
torrid_pace is online now  
post #27 of 36 Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 PM
Member
 
ludedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: MN
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Loving that dry break setup. Baller!

-Adam
CRA #30
ludedude is online now  
post #28 of 36 Old 07-25-2016, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dav810's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
So we finally got to take the bike to its first endurance race. Man, what a blast it is to ride. We moved up a class (we were on a CBR250R before) so we had to register a new team. Thats why the numbers are different sizes in the picture. We started in roughly 48th place, since we had 0 points in the class. We finished 6th in class and 14th overall, in a field with bikes 500cc and under. Not bad considering a couple of the teams ahead of us had AMA/MotoAmerica guys on their teams. We are pretty much just using the rest of the season as testing for next year. We are figuring how long we can go on a tank of gas and dialing in suspension. We did the whole 6hrs on one set of tires, but the right side of the rear was looking pretty rough at the end. The direction we were going has a lot of long, fast right-handers, so we expected it. Either way, the bike handled really well and we finished without incident. Ill count that as a win!


Ready to race!



Tank cover painted.



This tire is trashed



A closer look



Had to name the bike "Forrest Whittaker" because of our number change


Dave
CMRA Expert #810
Dav810 is offline  
post #29 of 36 Old 07-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Also in ATX, making an R3 track bike.

What are you running on the rear shock of that bike?
cignul9 is offline  
post #30 of 36 Old 07-29-2016, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dav810's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cignul9 View Post
Also in ATX, making an R3 track bike.

What are you running on the rear shock of that bike?
Its a Penske shock
cignul9 likes this.

Dave
CMRA Expert #810
Dav810 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VULGR's race build VULGR Yamaha R3 Garage & Build Area 71 12-26-2016 12:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off