HID Kit installed! - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

post #11 of 24 Old 04-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
It's impossible to judge color temp from headlight -> camera -> monitor. Don't even try. (I'm sort of a camera / high-end computer screen nerd.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 04-11-2016, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
They might whiten up a bit more when they get a few hours on them. Check your beam pattern for sure before you go out at night much so you don't get a ticket. I'm sure you will find that the left light now switches between high beam and higher beam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 24 Old 04-11-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
It's impossible to judge color temp from headlight -> camera -> monitor. Don't even try. (I'm sort of a camera / high-end computer screen nerd.)
Just compare to the whiteness of his aftermarket led front triangle light and you will see that they are quite blue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 04-11-2016, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
They do look a little bluish but it Could be that they need to warm up.. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 24 Old 04-11-2016, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebirdR3 View Post
You guys are a tough audience

Here's a couple quick pics I snapped with my cell phone

so these are the Dual Low/High beam headlights from HardRacing? Ive been wondering about these, does the left headlight throw a higher light pattern compared to the right? and when u hit the high beam or flash to pass, does it only move the left headlight or do they both flash?
post #16 of 24 Old 04-11-2016, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
It's dual low beams only. When I click on the high beams or flash to pass only the left (clutch side) light changes. The right side (throttle side) light doesn't change.
xorbe and BossMan_13 like this.
post #17 of 24 Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
really curious to see the beam pattern. If you can keep both lights on w/o blinding traffic, this will be my next upgrade.
post #18 of 24 Old 04-12-2016, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleCRIPPLE View Post
really curious to see the beam pattern. If you can keep both lights on w/o blinding traffic, this will be my next upgrade.
agreed, in for the beam pattern as well... im thinking the 8000k ones would go great with my raven r3
post #19 of 24 Old 04-12-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Hi everyone, here are a couple pics at night against my garage. It's pretty close to the garage - maybe 8-10 feet away so you can see the hot spot on the garage. My son took the pics with my iPhone off to the side so its not the greatest pic. We both took turns standing in front of the bike at different heights to see what the glare would be like. It's bright but there doesn't seem to be too much spillage of light off to the sides.

Low Beam:

High Beam:

Obviously its not the same comparison as the pic above because it's not the same distance. If I knew how far away to shoot the pics that might help. I'm guessing it has to be at least 30 feet away?

In any case, I can take more pics of anyone wants them. I had kind of a long day so I was just being lazy, lol.
post #20 of 24 Old 04-16-2016, 07:30 AM

It's hard to tell anything about the pattern from so close. Can you find any wall of a building in a parking lot and post a photo of the beam at 20 yards?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page