User Tag List

151Likes

post #301 of 307 Old 11-03-2016, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AesonVirus View Post
I read somewhere that the suggestion was for the shop to lay the bike on it's left side to avoid losing fluids.
Looking at the minor scuffs my bike came back with, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if that's exactly what they did

Look at your coolant level when you get the bike back. Almost everyone reports being a little low in the reservoir after the recall service is performed

You mean that there is a radiator in this thing? ****! My understanding is that the recall deals primarily with the clutch and oil pump, how does the coolant come into play? (Especially since mine was done on a rack and upright)

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue Angel)
2011 Honda NT700VA (Black Beauty)
2009 Honda DN-01 (Red Queen)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 307 Old 11-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage
The reservoir has an overflow. Just a guess but I'd think that if they are leaning the bikes to one side, maybe some of the fluid comes out of that over-flow.
I don't know the cause but I do know a lot of guys, me included, had to top off our coolant reservoirs.
If done on a rack, you may not see a drop in coolant but very well may receive new fluids.

On a side note, I just can't seem to sleep reservoir very well. Very thankful for spell check

2016 Matte Gray YZF-R3 – YZF-R6 Throttle, Vagabond Frame Sliders & Fender Eliminator, Coffman Exhaust, Norton Motorsports Clutch/Brake Levers, TST Industries Integrated Tail Light & GTR/Halo Flush Mounts, Lightech Rear Turns, Womet-Tech Front Axle Sliders, Bar-End Sliders and Swingarm Spools/Sliders, X-Grip RAM Mount, Hardwired 12v Socket / USB Charger / Batter Tender, Cheapo Chinese Side-Stand Pad & Radiator Guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #303 of 307 Old 11-03-2016, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
You mean that there is a radiator in this thing? ****! My understanding is that the recall deals primarily with the clutch and oil pump, how does the coolant come into play? (Especially since mine was done on a rack and upright)
The water pump has to be removed and the coolant runs through the clutch cover to the pump. Hence, the coolant NEEDS to be drained.

If the tech does it on the side stand the oil does not need to be removed.
AesonVirus likes this.

Like me on Facebook at

post #304 of 307 Old 11-04-2016, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalview View Post
The water pump has to be removed and the coolant runs through the clutch cover to the pump. Hence, the coolant NEEDS to be drained.

If the tech does it on the side stand the oil does not need to be removed.

So you are saying that the water pump has to be removed to get to the oil pump?

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue Angel)
2011 Honda NT700VA (Black Beauty)
2009 Honda DN-01 (Red Queen)
post #305 of 307 Old 11-04-2016, 02:20 AM

Garage
yes

LINK
to how I did my clutch bearing prior to the recall coming out.
Gizmo likes this.

Like me on Facebook at

Last edited by Capitalview; 11-04-2016 at 02:22 AM.
post #306 of 307 Old 11-04-2016, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalview View Post
yes

LINK
to how I did my clutch bearing prior to the recall coming out.
What did you do about the oil part that was also in the recall? I didn't see anything about that in your repair link.

Yamaha R3: Half way between the R1 and R6.
post #307 of 307 Old 11-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiee View Post
What did you do about the oil part that was also in the recall? I didn't see anything about that in your repair link.
I didn't do it because it wasn't a known issue when I did that fix. I have since had the recall done.

Like me on Facebook at

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page