Recall started clutch and oil pump - Page 10 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

46Likes

post #91 of 100 Old 08-13-2016, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Here is a video of my R3 recall. Does not include the service procedure But includes the part when the BIKE overheated as the service technician forgot to fill the radiator coolant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM3FrAMz8xo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 08-14-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niku View Post
Here is a video of my R3 recall. Does not include the service procedure But includes the part when the BIKE overheated as the service technician forgot to fill the radiator coolant
Wth. "Either it's not reading it right or there's an actual issue"... It's a very new bike why wouldn't you pull over and let it cool?
RebelRayna likes this.
post #93 of 100 Old 08-14-2016, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
I now have very high blood pressure from the traffic... and the fact I was sitting here yelling pull over an let it cool down! Call them! Call them! Do you know how lucky you are the entire engine didn't just seize in mid traffic? With that kind of traffic you'd definitely be dead.

post #94 of 100 Old 08-15-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerf0x0 View Post
Wth. "Either it's not reading it right or there's an actual issue"... It's a very new bike why wouldn't you pull over and let it cool?
Sounds really bad isn't it Actually, the Bike can take a lot more heat till it switches off by itself. Continued....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRayna View Post
I now have very high blood pressure from the traffic... and the fact I was sitting here yelling pull over an let it cool down! Call them! Call them! Do you know how lucky you are the entire engine didn't just seize in mid traffic? With that kind of traffic you'd definitely be dead.
...But The fact was that they forgot to top up the radiator, so basically the coolant was there but was not flowing as there was a gap.

Also, the fact that I am/was a noob and didn't know what to do as the service center was very near. In all, the bike ran like that for about 12 minutes but did not encounter a thermal shutdown.

I later read the manual and found that if the heat meter starts to blink then it means that the bike is going into thermal shutdown state.

At the time that this happened, I was under the impression that the bike should shutdown by itself if there is a coolant issue. The coolant level was also correct. So I thought that this was some sort of sensor issue.

My doubt was corrected when another R3 owner came back with the same issue. He had gone even farther from where I was.
RebelRayna likes this.

post #95 of 100 Old 08-15-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Sounds really bad isn't it Actually, the Bike can take a lot more heat till it switches off by itself. Continued....

...But The fact was that they forgot to top up the radiator, so basically the coolant was there but was not flowing as there was a gap.

Also, the fact that I am/was a noob and didn't know what to do as the service center was very near. In all, the bike ran like that for about 12 minutes but did not encounter a thermal shutdown.

I later read the manual and found that if the heat meter starts to blink then it means that the bike is going into thermal shutdown state.

At the time that this happened, I was under the impression that the bike should shutdown by itself if there is a coolant issue. The coolant level was also correct. So I thought that this was some sort of sensor issue.

My doubt was corrected when another R3 owner came back with the same issue. He had gone even farther from where I was.
I had my cars head cease. It was great fun... the pressure cap on my radiator never blew so my radiator blew instead... I didn't know I was inside dropping my kids off... got about 5 miles until my head just twisted that it locked up. All over the stupid way I had to have it rigged up to work... because Mitsubishi can't fix it. Now I run with three spare fan controllers. I rebuilt my engine myself thank god I can do that because I definitely didn't have the money for a new car... before I even left the dealership I checked everything. Sounds like you had an air bubble.. I love my dealer but I just don't trust them 100% they're busy and it's so easy to make a mistake. I've had a friend start an engine with out oil because he swore he put oil in it. Oops. Aluminum is so easy effected by heat.
post #96 of 100 Old 08-16-2016, 01:51 AM

Quote:
I had my cars head cease. It was great fun... the pressure cap on my radiator never blew so my radiator blew instead... I didn't know I was inside dropping my kids off... got about 5 miles until my head just twisted that it locked up. All over the stupid way I had to have it rigged up to work... because Mitsubishi can't fix it. Now I run with three spare fan controllers. I rebuilt my engine myself thank god I can do that because I definitely didn't have the money for a new car... before I even left the dealership I checked everything. Sounds like you had an air bubble.. I love my dealer but I just don't trust them 100% they're busy and it's so easy to make a mistake. I've had a friend start an engine with out oil because he swore he put oil in it. Oops. Aluminum is so easy effected by heat.
Yup, I am extra carefull these days.
I am thinking of replacing the stock coolant with some extra cool type race coolant so that I do not have to worry about overheating.

Now I realize how good my old air cooled honda was
RebelRayna likes this.

post #97 of 100 Old 08-16-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Yup, I am extra carefull these days.
I am thinking of replacing the stock coolant with some extra cool type race coolant so that I do not have to worry about overheating.

Now I realize how good my old air cooled honda was
Oh god air cooled... just don't chase a Sabre v65 up a mountain when it 110℉ and the bike has to run 20/50w conventional.... because you will burn all your oil. Doing 100mph flat two up... what a terrible smell.. gives me nightmares. It was an 1976 xs650 poor thing we rebuilt her... my ex has just beat the bike so bad now... if your afraid you could get engine ice or something like that... I'm now dating my boyfriend had the Honda v65 Sabre that beast loved to over heat besides a fan that loved to never turn on her out engine ice in it.. it never over heated again... put a fan switch to turn the fan on when stopped. oh bikes they're like pokèmon I want to catch them all....
niku likes this.
post #98 of 100 Old 08-16-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Oh god air cooled... just don't chase a Sabre v65 up a mountain when it 110℉ and the bike has to run 20/50w conventional.... because you will burn all your oil. Doing 100mph flat two up... what a terrible smell.. gives me nightmares. It was an 1976 xs650 poor thing we rebuilt her... my ex has just beat the bike so bad now... if your afraid you could get engine ice or something like that... I'm now dating my boyfriend had the Honda v65 Sabre that beast loved to over heat besides a fan that loved to never turn on her out engine ice in it.. it never over heated again... put a fan switch to turn the fan on when stopped. oh bikes they're like pokèmon I want to catch them all....
My r3 radiator fan is quite good. Just as everyone's bike here. Just the find are bent. All because of the negligence of the dealership technicians. Now I can't even make them straight. Does anyone know how much would a new radiator cost?

post #99 of 100 Old 08-16-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
My r3 radiator fan is quite good. Just as everyone's bike here. Just the find are bent. All because of the negligence of the dealership technicians. Now I can't even make them straight. Does anyone know how much would a new radiator cost?
In the US you can get them on partzilla or a place like that for pretty cheap

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
niku likes this.
post #100 of 100 Old 08-16-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
In the US you can get them on partzilla or a place like that for pretty cheap

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Hey nice. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page