New recall? Fuel tank and main power switch - Page 2 - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

16Likes

post #11 of 46 Old 02-17-2017, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Please note that the India Yamaha link to check chassis number will only work for Indian customers, I just shown that they have acknowledged in the website.
Here is the 20 page instructions given to the service center guys here. Only first page available.

Regarding the vibes on tank, yes, I feel the vibes very much and I had put lot of double sided tapes on the metal tank long back.
Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
xorbe and HFX-R3 like this.

Last edited by Yamaha-R3; 02-17-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 Old 02-17-2017, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Garage
If anyone can take a close-up pic of the fuel tank issue, I would appreciate it.
This is probably something I can fix myself.
Gizmo and sbk1198 like this.

2015 Yamaha R3 (Blue/Silver)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)
post #13 of 46 Old 02-17-2017, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I'll be checking the mail regularly.

2015 Yamaha YZF-R3

post #14 of 46 Old 02-17-2017, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
So this is the front bracket that they're talking about, correct?

2007 ZZR600 (street bike)
2010 1198 (race bike, parted out across the country)
2006 CBR600 (street/track, sold)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike, future race bike hopefully)

Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 46 Old 02-18-2017, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by AesonVirus View Post
These things don't bother me too much. They find a problem and fix it proactively... I'm okay with that.

We've seen a few threads pop up lately with a few guys having problems with the bike shutting off. This looks like it'll correct that problem. I'm all through this forum and compared to other models, the R3 still remains a pretty rock solid bike. Not a lot to complain about and when we do find something, Yamaha is all over it.

Mine is not getting fixed anytime soon. It'll be a few months before the weather improves enough so I can get the bike out to the shop or repair.

On a side note... what's the over/under on how many recall threads we'll see created over the next few months
Exactly. Given today's technology and prototyping capabilities, issues like these are far and fewer between, however they happen. I applaud Yamaha for being proactive and "open." Conversely, look at other problems and issues with various other products and companies -Takata airbags for example. I forgot if it was Chevy with their ignition or something and Jeep with their Park issue. Remember, the R3 is a brand new model, and while based on the DNA of the "R" series, it takes no parts that I know of from the R6, FZ6R, etc My brother always told me never to buy the first year of anything until the gremlins are knocked out-heh, both my bike and car are their respective model's maiden years.

Being in NY, I have tons of bike dealers around me, and yeah, we are all buys enough with work, school, errands, chores, etc and adding yet another item blows, but these two recalls have been relatively minor-the parts and failures weren't minor but with parts on hand, you could ostensibly wait for it to be or get your bike bike quick so as far as recalls go, the first one was painless, at least for me, and I don't see this being nearly as labor intensive as the clutch issue. But I'll shut my mouth.

India or Thailand got the recall notice first IIRC, and about a month later we were notified in the States so I am guessing we should be hearing something soon if any of our bikes are affected-hopefully it is relegated to India only. Has anyone here in the US been notified? I wonder if it is 2015 only (my year) or if 2016 onwards are affected?
Goalier95 likes this.

post #16 of 46 Old 02-18-2017, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
@R0b0tN1nja_BKNY ; I completely agree minor issues are not a big deal and they're very proactive/open. Everybody these days wants perfection with 0 issues, but with hundreds to thousands of parts **** is going to happen. I'm very happy Yamaha cares enough to issue these without a push from some other governing party to force them to do a recall.
post #17 of 46 Old 02-22-2017, 06:19 AM

xorbe likes this.
post #18 of 46 Old 02-25-2017, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys,
Just to add to this, I had a recall letter (From Yamaha Europe) about the recall on my 2016 MT03.
What do you think the chances of me getting a courtesy bike while they do it? I'm not walking home! :-)

Surprised/disappointed more about the leaky switch!
post #19 of 46 Old 02-25-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckweston View Post
Hi guys,
Just to add to this, I had a recall letter (From Yamaha Europe) about the recall on my 2016 MT03.
What do you think the chances of me getting a courtesy bike while they do it? I'm not walking home! :-)

Surprised/disappointed more about the leaky switch!
Not sure how it works there, but it's hardly an hour job.

post #20 of 46 Old 03-02-2017, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
An update for U.S. models showing the VIN

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...cles-affected/
AesonVirus likes this.

“Not Quite My Tempo…”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page