Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-13-2019, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Wow - another recall but on the newer bike. I doubt it would be an issue for most people since they would replace the stock levers right away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-13-2019, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Chinese components?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-13-2019, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Appears to affect only a very small range of VINs. Manufacturing goof-ups can happen to anyone. FWIW these bikes are assembled in Malaysia; no idea where the brake lever is sourced from.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-13-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Appears to affect only a very small range of VINs. Manufacturing goof-ups can happen to anyone. FWIW these bikes are assembled in Malaysia; no idea where the brake lever is sourced from.
I have received short-run CNC and cast parts from China. Quality across the shipments have been so random I only source components produced in the US and in Western Europe now.

Manufacturing "goof-ups" are far more frequent from the country of corruption and deceit than most other places - in my experience.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
I have received short-run CNC and cast parts from China. Quality across the shipments have been so random I only source components produced in the US and in Western Europe now.

Manufacturing "goof-ups" are far more frequent from the country of corruption and deceit than most other places - in my experience.
Quality tends to lack where the workers are exploited, but corruption and deceit are words that can describe any country.

Milc
post #7 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milc View Post
Quality tends to lack where the workers are exploited, but corruption and deceit are words that can describe any country.
Not really. The quality control of raw materials and production standards is not caused by the exploited workers, it is the management that proactively use cheaper raw materials and substitute the agreed upon processes and methods for cheaper ones. Now these same companies probably do exploit their workers as well as they pursue rock bottom prices.

But lets not get totally side tracked - Yamaha have identified the problem and provided a solution.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Not really. The quality control of raw materials and production standards is not caused by the exploited workers, it is the management that proactively use cheaper raw materials and substitute the agreed upon processes and methods for cheaper ones. Now these same companies probably do exploit their workers as well as they pursue rock bottom prices.

But lets not get totally side tracked - Yamaha have identified the problem and provided a solution.
Never said the workers did, just the places them use them A company that doesn't value skilled labor doesn't value the quality of their products.

Milc
post #9 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milc View Post
Never said the workers did, just the places them use them A company that doesn't value skilled labor doesn't value the quality of their products.
And I'm confused here. Exactly which country are we talking about being corrupt and greedy? That only focus on profit and "winning" at any costs? No matter the lack of ethics or morals? You're right. IT CAN happen in any country.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question! ... Anon
post #10 of 10 Old 05-14-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead83 View Post
And I'm confused here. Exactly which country are we talking about being corrupt and greedy? That only focus on profit and "winning" at any costs? No matter the lack of ethics or morals? You're right. IT CAN happen in any country.
Except in this case I am talking about a private CNC Rapid prototype service based in MN that delivers excellent product on time and made of the quote material, versus a quasi-state managed (as all Chinese companies above a certain size are) Chinese based Rapid prototype CNC service provider that not only could not keep dimensional integrity on the pieces but also substituted very poor quality undeclared alloy for the 7075 that was specified.

H E double hockey sticks, the MN company provided the foundry data for the billet used.

Chinese companies as a matter of common practice are dishonest and dangerous to work with. Lesson learned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page