2020 R3 Ltd Edition - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

post #1 of 17 Old 06-04-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
2020 R3 Ltd Edition

Any difference other than graphics from 2019?
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/su.../yzf-r3-motogp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Looks like graphic changes + ABS.

Pay extra to advertise for them..
post #3 of 17 Old 06-04-2019, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
I don't know if the 2020 will have the same MSRP as 2019 at $5299 for ABS model. If so, these graphics will carry a $300 premium. The added graphics seem too busy to me. But I'm an old guy that's as plain as vanilla, so what do I know? Either way, it's nice to see something "special" available for the R3. AND, this advertisement certainly closes the door on any rumors of a different engine.
9Nails likes this.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question! ... Anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 06-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Being a fan of MotoGP i don't mind the graphics. They've had MotoGP inspired graphics before but mostly in the Asian countries never here in the states so I'm excited to see this option available now.

Coming August 2019! would love to see this bike in person at a dealer. I wonder how "limited" it will really be. If anything I'm sure if you wanted you could order the fairings and do a swap yourself might be cheaper. Noticed that the rear spring is yellow, is that an upgrade or just a color change from stock?
airhead83 likes this.

* * * Revving my heart since July 2017 * * *
2018 - Yamaha R6 Team Blue | May 2019 - Present
2015 - Yamaha R3 Team Blue | July 2017 - May 2019 (SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bweezy; 06-05-2019 at 12:22 PM.
post #5 of 17 Old 06-05-2019, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweezy View Post
Noticed that the rear spring is yellow, is that an upgrade or just a color change from stock?
I noticed that too, looks nice. I didn't see any suspension upgrades mentioned in their advertisement, so I'm guessing color upgrade. Sort of like "gold" forks/shocks, and the occasional "red" brake calipers on some bikes.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question! ... Anon
post #6 of 17 Old 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead83 View Post
I noticed that too, looks nice. I didn't see any suspension upgrades mentioned in their advertisement, so I'm guessing color upgrade. Sort of like "gold" forks/shocks, and the occasional "red" brake calipers on some bikes.
Agreed, I re-read through the spec sheets and other than ABS everything else appears to be stock so to speak. As said can't complain I mean you are paying for a "limited edition" bike so having those small changes is always welcome.
airhead83 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 Old 06-06-2019, 11:50 AM

Was by my local dealer yesterday and they are already taking deposits. Supposedly they have one customer who put in their deposit for this bike already. According to the shop apparently, there is a lot of "hype" for this bike perhaps its the draw of the limited edition. Curious to see how things will go.

post #8 of 17 Old 06-07-2019, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Graphics will attract some buyers for sure. It looks good and if I was in the market for a 2020 I might be swayed. I've the white R3 though and the minimal red graphics actually accents the white more imo. Looks clean and for me the bike wouldn't look good with decals plastered on it. Maybe a small decal later but nothing overboard. Depends on the color I suppose.
post #9 of 17 Old 06-08-2019, 04:03 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
The white 2019? Those are the hotness for sure.
post #10 of 17 Old 06-09-2019, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweezy View Post
Being a fan of MotoGP i don't mind the graphics. They've had MotoGP inspired graphics before but mostly in the Asian countries never here in the states so I'm excited to see this option available now.

. Noticed that the rear spring is yellow, is that an upgrade or just a color change from stock?
This is my R3 purchased December 2016, with the 2017 Moto GP graphics, it has the yellow shock.
Being 64 and a few stone overweight I purchased the Bazzaz and racing pads from Jessie at Norton Fab (Cheers Jessie) with his advise, a 13T g/box sprocket and Pirelli tyres and my Akrapovic exhaust, my mates, son on his Ninja 400 cannot get away from me, when I am leading he falls further behind. My mate bought the R4 stickers for me, told his son when I read his Ninja, he is left behind at bends, he approaches wrong, brakes to early and is never in the right gear leaving. But, being 27 he already knows more than Rossi and Marquez put together :-)

Top notch brakes and tyres and previous experience of racing (Production class 250cc) can offset the advantage a bigger bike has on paper
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R4 .jpg
Views:	66
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	65037  

Last edited by TMD5855; 06-09-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page