User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 19YAMR3

post #1 of 6 Old 12-31-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Frame and some metal looks out of place/bent

So I have gotten into a small wipeout on my bike but this isn’t something that possibly could’ve happened because of that. So I’m going through the process of replacing my sprockets and chain and the right side adjuster bracket because they all warped and broke. But on my bike stands and with a normal eye my bike looks bent. My bike tilts to the right and I don’t know if it’s a bad set of cheap stands that I have for $80 or I don’t know how to properly put it on stands but the sway arms look tweaked up on the right side and idk about the suspension mount. Please help in case this is bad. Here are photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23FA9A72-EA67-4CAF-83B3-64FD1FB32FB0_1577830383909.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	65879   Click image for larger version

Name:	198693E1-EDE3-4722-9938-74EFC1211851_1577830405192.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	65881  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2019, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
I'm pretty confident this is the stands, but it is hard to tell. My one immediate hunch is the rubber blocks aren't symmetrical, as I don't believe the cheapo set I have is perfect.

But, that's also a lot of lean. How does the bike look when it's got the rear axle holding things together? You could also pop the seats off and see how the tubing looks. If it's that twisted I think you'd see something there.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-31-2019, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
The rear stand seems out of alignment with the bike, but I'm not sure that's all. Any possibility the front end is jacked up on a slant? Even a cheaper set of stands will work if assembled and placed under the bike properly, assuming the tubing isn't warped or bent. Any possibility of a photo of the bike at a side view? Then we could at least get some idea where to recommend additional blocking under the bike for assurance, until you get it back on all two wheels.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question! ... Anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-01-2020, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm 99% sure that what you are seeing is 100% normal. The swing-arm on the R3 isn't symmetrical. You can even see it in your picture. The right side of the swing-arm is slightly "humped" closer to the frame. The leading/front section of the swing-arm is higher on the right than the left side is. It's manufactured that way to give the exhaust system a little more clearance, keeping it higher off the ground. If you moved the stands down by where the axle sits, I'm 99% certain the bike would be "level", and look normal. The only reason I'm not 100% certain, as I don't know how bad your crash was, and I can't actually see the bike in person-

"W.O.T. until you see God- THEN brake"
post #5 of 6 Old 01-01-2020, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Jay Joe wrote this in another thread about rear stands;

ANY brand rear stand should be acceptable so long as its a rear SPOOL stand. Do not under any circumstances buy a swingarm pad rear stand. The swing arm distance to the ground is different on both sides, hence, using a swingarm pad stand will result in a lopsided bike (it will be tilting) and you will kick yourself for wasting your money on such a stand.
cornerslider likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Plus, spools are only like $50 for good quality ones! And provide a modicum of protection to the swingarm in a lowside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page