2017 R3 - Headlight and USB charger switch help - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question 2017 R3 - Headlight and USB charger switch help

Hi Guys,

I own a R3 2017 model, my bike battery keeps draining and I'm looking to replace the stock battery with new one, also I guess the battery drains off due to load that it supplies while cranks the ignition and I've a USB that is directly connected to battery.

Any suggestion on putting a switch to the headlight and USB charger is much appreciated.

Regards,
Sant'O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 04:49 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
A USB charging port shouldn't effect your battery but your headlight shouldn't turn on until after your bike has started. With my old CBR I wired both the headlight and high beam to turn on using the high beam switch. Definitely helped with cranking the bike over.

Milc
post #3 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
A new battery will probably solve your problems. You may want to hold off on the further efforts until you find out. I agree with MILC, an unused USB port pulls no extra power.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question! ... Anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-11-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick suggestion, can you please help me with the bike headlights to be powered with a switch. The challenge with my USB charger is, it's got a LED light which keeps glowing all the time, I want it to glow only when it's in use.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-11-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead83 View Post
A new battery will probably solve your problems. You may want to hold off on the further efforts until you find out. I agree with MILC, an unused USB port pulls no extra power.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm planning to get a new one but not sure there are so many out there to buy. I don't want to spend hundreds for a new one, anything less than hundred should be good, can you please suggest a good one for my budget ?
post #6 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantoTheUnique View Post
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm planning to get a new one but not sure there are so many out there to buy. I don't want to spend hundreds for a new one, anything less than hundred should be good, can you please suggest a good one for my budget ?
There's so many brands and types out there. The OEM is a sealed, lead acid battery, and is about US $70ish. I have a few links below. You'll see the same battery has different costs at the 2 sites, but both are really reputable vendors. Note the part number can also be cross referenced from other sites and vendors. Good Luck.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...7/electrical-1
https://www.revzilla.com/oem/yamaha/...bmodel=yzfr3hb

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question! ... Anon
post #7 of 8 Old Today, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milc View Post
A USB charging port shouldn't effect your battery but your headlight shouldn't turn on until after your bike has started. With my old CBR I wired both the headlight and high beam to turn on using the high beam switch. Definitely helped with cranking the bike over.
Request you to suggest how to wire both headlight and high beam to turn on using the switch.
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

[quote=airhead83;681297]There's so many brands and types out there. The OEM is a sealed, lead acid battery, and is about US $70ish. I have a few links below. You'll see the same battery has different costs at the 2 sites, but both are really reputable vendors. Note the part number can also be cross referenced from other sites and vendors. Good Luck.

Thanks for link, appreciate your efforts on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in