How many bikes do you own, or what do you want to add to your collection? - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

17Likes

post #1 of 46 Old 11-18-2015, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
How many bikes do you own, or what do you want to add to your collection?

Personally I was a fan of motorcycles since middle school, but I never had the plums to take the rider course and get my license. Since buying my R3 I have really fell in love with motorcycles and riding. I do want to keep my R3 for a while, but lets be honest, one motorcycle isn't enough

I was wondering what people's collections looked like, do you own multiple motorcycles, do you have a white whale you have been searching for for years?

Personally I've been searching all over craigslist for end of summer steals, but purchasing a car soon I just can't justify/afford another bike. But that doesn't mean a man can't dream. I would love to pick up a Ducati 999. There's just something about those stacked round headlights.. Another bike that came on my radar was a Yamaha R6 50th anniversary. In my area there are a lot of old BMW's for sale as well. I'd love to get a deal on one and transform it into a cafe racer like this . There's a lot more I have bookmarked over the years, but for now those would be the trifecta to add to my garage.

I sell propane and propane accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 11-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Tal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
This is my other bike, had it for 13years,like chalk and cheese with my R3
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11270.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	482.3 KB
ID:	22538

Too Old To Die Young.

It's Nice To Be Here,It's Nice To Be Anywhere.
post #3 of 46 Old 11-19-2015, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
just the r3 for now, still planning on doing a race conversion like many awesome members have done on this site but I have also been eyeing down a few mid 2000s cbr's and r6's looking for that sweet off season deal.

I really want a supermotto too maybe a drz and I have to say I find myself looking at the grom more and more on craigslist these days...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 11-19-2015, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I plan on keeping my R3 for a while. I want to buy a CBR600RR as my next bike, but they're pretty expensive to insure at my age even with no tickets/accidents. I also want to get a dual sport like a WR250. I haven't been riding for so that long but I do agree that bikes are addicting and one just isn't enough.
post #5 of 46 Old 11-20-2015, 02:01 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Yahoo to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY Send a message via Skype™ to R0b0tN1nja_BKNY
Besides the R3, I'd love to have this garage:

Bikes

1) Triumph Scrambler or Ducati Scrambler or both

2) Honda CB500x with Rally Raid Kit

3) Yamaha FZ600R

Cars

1) Jeep Wrangler with hella mods

2) VW Golf R with manual transmission (manual/AWD)

3) Subaru WRX STI (manual/AWD)

4) Mini Cooper Countryman S All4 (manual/AWD)

I basically hate automatic, dual clutch, or anything not stick shift

and if I had crazy $$$, I'd add

5) Audi R8

6) Acura NSX

7) Porsche Panamera or Cayman
post #6 of 46 Old 11-20-2015, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
09 Ninja250 (just sold for the R3)
Honda CBR250R (daily commuter)
Honda PCX150 (around town errands)
Ninja650 (heavy beast is for sale)
Yamaha Majesty 400 (Main commuter for my son)
R3 (play bike and my daughter's for family rides)
Want Honda CBR125R for fuel economy competitions but never sold in the USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 46 Old 11-20-2015, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Garage
Besides the R3, I have had this since 1999. 1936 Chevrolet Standard Town Sedan. Did a complete frame off resto. I know every nut, bolt, wire, and screw on this thing.

Aufitt, Tal, Werder and 1 others like this.

Like me on Facebook at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 46 Old 03-15-2016, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My wife and I have these in our 1-car garage:

2009 Honda Rebel 250
2015 Yamaha R3
1992 CBR 600 F2
2015 Yamaha Star Bolt (942cc)

We're rebuilding the carburetor on the Rebel right now, so that we may sell it in good condition. I dislike the Honda Rebel so much, but it was an okay starter bike to learn what I like and don't like and what I want in a bike.

My wife loves her Bolt. The Bolt is her commuter bike as she has a ~50 minute work commute 5 days a week. I just can't get comfy on cruisers. My brain is telling me to lean forward, but the cruiser's like .."no," what with the forward pegs and whatnot. The sportbike position simply feels more natural to me, so I don't care much for her Bolt except it is a cool looking bike. That and it's really heavy (more gym days in my future).

The R3 is my perfect me bike, small, quick, sexy, comfortable. The CBR is my wife's "I want a sportbike" bike she caught for a good deal from a coworker needing cash for a car. The CBR is faster and much louder than my R3 but old school. I look forward to exploiting what pros they both have to offer and becoming a better rider all around. I'm lucky to have my wife who is a much better rider than me. Having these interests together is awesome.

As far as my dream bike, I have it already. It's the R3 by far but with a few modifications that I'm saving up for
post #9 of 46 Old 03-15-2016, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyktion View Post
My wife and I have these in our 1-car garage:

2009 Honda Rebel 250
2015 Yamaha R3
1992 CBR 600 F2
2015 Yamaha Star Bolt (942cc)

We're rebuilding the carburetor on the Rebel right now, so that we may sell it in good condition. I dislike the Honda Rebel so much, but it was an okay starter bike to learn what I like and don't like and what I want in a bike.

My wife loves her Bolt. The Bolt is her commuter bike as she has a ~50 minute work commute 5 days a week. I just can't get comfy on cruisers. My brain is telling me to lean forward, but the cruiser's like .."no," what with the forward pegs and whatnot. The sportbike position simply feels more natural to me, so I don't care much for her Bolt except it is a cool looking bike. That and it's really heavy (more gym days in my future).

The R3 is my perfect me bike, small, quick, sexy, comfortable. The CBR is my wife's "I want a sportbike" bike she caught for a good deal from a coworker needing cash for a car. The CBR is faster and much louder than my R3 but old school. I look forward to exploiting what pros they both have to offer and becoming a better rider all around. I'm lucky to have my wife who is a much better rider than me. Having these interests together is awesome.

As far as my dream bike, I have it already. It's the R3 by far but with a few modifications that I'm saving up for
LOL I know exactly how you feel on the lean thing. Dude at my last job had me ride his Vstar home cause he wasnt comfortable on his first day. I kept wanting to lean forward haha. It was so awkward. Less than 30 miles on a cruiser and I know it definitely is not for me.

Another guy at work bought a bolt. The dude with the Vstar ended up liking it so much, he bought one too, in baby blue lol.

As for me, my mind changes too much to have a dream bike. **** I dont even have a garage anymore (I feel like I took a 3 rank demotion. BARRACKS!). I want all the bikes. In my near future (~2-3 weeks) I am going to own an RVF400, which will be unique to me cause I have never owned a V4. I want to own an Aprilia RS250 as well, because I have also never owned a 2 stroke supersport (or any 2 stroke for that matter). If Honda releases the lightweight concept bike, I will grab one of those and sell what my current bike is (probably the RVF, unless I like it so much I just cant let it go.) I like all the bikes lol. Anyone ever try an S1000R? Not the Double R. Wonder how good of a 2-up bike it would be.
post #10 of 46 Old 03-15-2016, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Garage
I test rode a Bolt at a Yamaha Demo-Days. I hated it. Cruisers are not for me. I spent years on the dirt. I love 2-strokes for the dirt. I had a CR500R, and a last-gen CR250R. My current bikes are in my Sig.
TexasRider likes this.

2015 Yamaha R3 (SOLD)
2012 Honda CBR1000RR (HRC Edition)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page