17Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 07-09-2017, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Jay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Custom black & white wrap

Kojiiro, cwick2000, marshy and 3 others like this.

Listen, I hate to break it to you but what you call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle. Rise above. Focus on motorcycles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Garage
Looks very nice. Great job!
Kojiiro likes this.

-Rachael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-09-2017, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Nice, how hard was it to do the wrap?
Kojiiro likes this.

2017 Matte Black R3 ABS
2012 Toyota Tacoma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-10-2017, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Stunning new look buddy! Personally, (you're gonna hate me) I prefer the colour before!
Kojiiro likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Garage
Nice job... I like it
Kojiiro likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 16 Old 07-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Looks so good! The other mods compliment it nicely!

How much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Kojiiro likes this.
post #7 of 16 Old 07-10-2017, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Jay

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaYZF View Post
Stunning new look buddy! Personally, (you're gonna hate me) I prefer the colour before!
Nah nothing wrong with that, it's all subjective. I liked the previous look too of course, I just like to switch stuff up sometimes, and I work in a vinyl shop so this was a side project for me. I will probably end up pulling off the stripes and doing some other graphics a few months down the road lol. I've always liked the red version of the anniversary edition graphics, like this: https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...on-video_5.jpg - I may replicate that.
Kojiiro likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-10-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Jay

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightLife View Post
Looks so good! The other mods compliment it nicely!

How much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you!

It only cost me the raw materials. I did all the work myself, part of my job is wrapping vehicles (done a bunch of cars, a few boats, trucks, etc.). A 5'x15' roll of the satin white wrap was 130 from our wholesale supplier, and the stripes I printed on clear wrap we had in stock. So it didn't cost me that much, in dollars at least, took around 14.5 hours total. Was a fun/challenging little side project, spent a few hours after work each evening for about a week.
Kojiiro likes this.

Listen, I hate to break it to you but what you call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle. Rise above. Focus on motorcycles.
post #9 of 16 Old 07-11-2017, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Nah nothing wrong with that, it's all subjective. I liked the previous look too of course, I just like to switch stuff up sometimes, and I work in a vinyl shop so this was a side project for me. I will probably end up pulling off the stripes and doing some other graphics a few months down the road lol. I've always liked the red version of the anniversary edition graphics, like this: https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...on-video_5.jpg - I may replicate that.
Hi Jay, The replica is what I would do! Wow it is gorgeous, in fact, if you do end up doing a replica wrap, I definitely want pictures and the wrap measurements. I may try and buy it here in the UK or you could give me a price for all the wrap and UPS it to me in the UK?
Kojiiro likes this.
post #10 of 16 Old 07-11-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Jay

Garage
Ya I think that red anniversary edition looks nice. It will be a while before I do that though, I just spent 14.5 hours doing these graphics lol I'm gunna enjoy it for a bit before I tackle redoing it.

I will of course upload pictures if I do end up replicating the anniversary graphics. I could give you dimensions of the graphics fitted for the R3 so you could get them made somewhere local, or I could even print you a copy of the graphics and mail them to you if you'd like, but you'd still have to get your fairings plain white somehow, either by wrapping, painting or buying some chinese fairings or something. The striping is a separate layer from the satin white background, so I would keep the white as is and only remove the black striping, then print the red & black of the anniversary graphics and put them on top of the white.
Kojiiro and Xoenz like this.

Last edited by Jay; 07-11-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page