User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By 9Nails

post #1 of 7 Old 04-20-2018, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Brembo brake upgrade

I purchased the Brembo RCS 15 front brake master cylinder, front reservoir, and Brembo P4 universal right caliper with the TYGA caliper mount adapter. Opened the box, started the install... Your boy only had 1 fine threaded banjo bolt!!!

For the record, anyone upgrading, Brembo doesn't provide any banjo bolts... If you replace the caliper, order a fine threaded banjo bolt. If you replace with a Brembo master and caliper (like I did) you need 2 fine threaded banjo bolts!!! (Each end of the brake line uses 1 fine threaded banjo bolt.)

The stock R3 uses course bolts. So I put the stock master cylinder back on until a 2nd bolt can be delivered.

😕
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-21-2018, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
If you have a junk yard around, a stock Ninja 650 MC is a decent fit for the 4 piston Brembo caliper. I feel the stock R3 one is a bit small for the P4 30/34 caliper.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-21-2018, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Stock seems to work sufficient for the speed and weight of the bike.

For me anyway , I'm looking to reduce the initial bite to help keep roll speed up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-24-2018, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

The stock brake caliper, for my weight (about 200 lbs with gear) felt weak. I could hamfist the front brake lever and I was in no danger of locking up the tire or doing a stopping. The stock front brake felt incapable.

Having ridden a hundred miles with the new P4 Brembo caliper it does feel more sufficient. I still have the stock master cylinder on the bike for now. But it seems OK until I can get a fine threaded banjo bolt.

My old breaking technique used a lot of engine breaking because the stock front brake felt so weak. Now I trust the brake significantly more with the P4 Brembo and don't have to pull so hard to get her to stop quickly.

I wish I had a good wrecking yard. We have the year around riding weather here in So. Cal. It would be a blessing to get inexpensive parts.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-09-2018, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Nails View Post
The stock brake caliper, for my weight (about 200 lbs with gear) felt weak. I could hamfist the front brake lever and I was in no danger of locking up the tire or doing a stopping. The stock front brake felt incapable.

Having ridden a hundred miles with the new P4 Brembo caliper it does feel more sufficient. I still have the stock master cylinder on the bike for now. But it seems OK until I can get a fine threaded banjo bolt.

My old breaking technique used a lot of engine breaking because the stock front brake felt so weak. Now I trust the brake significantly more with the P4 Brembo and don't have to pull so hard to get her to stop quickly.

I wish I had a good wrecking yard. We have the year around riding weather here in So. Cal. It would be a blessing to get inexpensive parts.
What pads and lines are you using? (for reference)

AFM #723
2018 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post

What pads and lines are you using? (for reference)
Brake lines were factory rubber lines. Swapped to Yamaha OEM steel braided lines at 6,000 miles on the motor.

1WD-F58E0-V0-00 (front)
1WD-F58A0-V0-00 (rear)

Stock front brake caliper until 12,000 miles on the motor. Replaced with HardRacing Brembo P4 upgrade kit. The pads are what shipped with the P4 caliper. The new Brembo pads are the standard compound, OES series (organic street).

BB-R3Front (HardRacing SKU)

Master cylinder was swapped at 12,800 miles for a Brembo RCS15. This is now using HardRacing's custom stainless front brake line. I'm using the Brembo universal brake fluid resivour.

110.A263.85 (Brembo resivour)
110.A263.20 (RCS15 MC)
1200-06222897 (2 ea., Banjo bolt Sportbiketrackgear.com)
RacecarGuy and Rramiro666 like this.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-13-2018, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
thanks for the heads up.

i have just received an rcs15 mc and reservoir kit, this has come with a banjo bolt. purchased an additional fine thread banjo bolt to fit the new P4 30/34 caliper which was supplied without.

installing with HEL braided lines and EBC Extreme Pro HH pads (EPFA095HH). UK 2018 ABS bike.

looking forward to the extra stopping power / finesse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page