7Likes

post #1 of 50 Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
WTB: Race Fairings / Bodywork / Plastics

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to find a set of race fairings for my '15 R3. I currently have a race tail and the OEM front fender, so I only really need the main upper and lower, but I'm open to buying a full set as well. It never hurts to have spares!

I'm not necessarily brand-specific, so if you have a set laying around that you're not using, I'm all ears! Let me know what you have!

Thanks,

Sean

Sean
Expert
Central Roadracing Association

"Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 01-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My thinking after some research was that the Armour Bodies race bodywork holds up well and can hold up to crashes often. I bought mine from www.SuperbikeUnlimited.com cause they had them on sale for about 40 bucks cheaper than normal. The other one I was interested in was Sharkskinz but I am not sure they will be ready in time for our first scheduled race. I think any of the kits from armour Bodies come from Woodcraft though.
post #3 of 50 Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
http://www.flexi-glass.com/

give them a call, they just finished making my set and Im picking the bike up next week. They do quality work and the owner makes a lot of fairings for motoamerica riders. Another plus is that he is located in canada so the cost will be cheaper than sharkskinz and hotbodies.

I'll post pics of my bike next week when I get the bike back

Your friendly neighborhood thread de-railer
WMRC #765
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torrid_pace View Post

give them a call, they just finished making my set and Im picking the bike up next week. They do quality work and the owner makes a lot of fairings for motoamerica riders. Another plus is that he is located in canada so the cost will be cheaper than sharkskinz and hotbodies.

What did u charge shipped more less?

What came with the set ,what pieces?

Thanks!!!
post #5 of 50 Old 01-12-2017, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I live down the street from them and they actually used my bike to make his compression mould I got a set for free. Not sure how much it would cost best is to give them a call. The set includes belly pan, upper fairing and tail section. He is painting my set right now once I have the bike back I will post pics.

Your friendly neighborhood thread de-railer
WMRC #765
post #6 of 50 Old 01-12-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell View Post
My thinking after some research was that the Armour Bodies race bodywork holds up well and can hold up to crashes often. I bought mine from www.SuperbikeUnlimited.com cause they had them on sale for about 40 bucks cheaper than normal. The other one I was interested in was Sharkskinz but I am not sure they will be ready in time for our first scheduled race. I think any of the kits from armour Bodies come from Woodcraft though.
Thank you very much for the insight. Armour Bodies is a route I'm heavily considering. I've had multiple people at the track see success with their bodywork holding up well, especially with lower speed offs. May I ask what your set cost shipped to your door?
post #7 of 50 Old 01-12-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by torrid_pace View Post

Please post photos after you get them on the bike. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the initial quality. I may touch base with them regarding cost after shipping. Thank you for sharing!
post #8 of 50 Old 01-13-2017, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stettnichs View Post
Thank you very much for the insight. Armour Bodies is a route I'm heavily considering. I've had multiple people at the track see success with their bodywork holding up well, especially with lower speed offs. May I ask what your set cost shipped to your door?
Sean, the set was 629.00 plus 65.00 shipping to the door and I opted to buy the 30.00 Dzus fastener kit they recommended.
post #9 of 50 Old 01-13-2017, 01:06 AM

The Armour Bodies doesnt include a fuel tank cover or the side panels that go between the seat and fuel tank, you can use the stock ones. It also requires the use of the stock or an aftermarket front seat. It is a very nice set. Very sturdy and primered and ready for a light sanding before paint.
post #10 of 50 Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell View Post
The Armour Bodies doesnt include a fuel tank cover or the side panels that go between the seat and fuel tank, you can use the stock ones. It also requires the use of the stock or an aftermarket front seat. It is a very nice set. Very sturdy and primered and ready for a light sanding before paint.
Perfect, thank you for the great feedback. I'm starting to lean towards the Armour Bodies way. Still open to any used sets at a discount, though!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page