ABS race fairings - Yamaha R3 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 11 Old 03-22-2018, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ABS race fairings

Does anyone have experience with ABS race fairings? I am looking to buy fairings soon and have noticed there isn't any real reviews on them. I am on the fence on which fairings to commit to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-22-2018, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
I have the CRC fairings
https://tstindustries.com/CRC-Race-F...plete-Set.html

its fiberglass and kevlar
post #3 of 11 Old 03-22-2018, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulu87 View Post
Does anyone have experience with ABS race fairings? I am looking to buy fairings soon and have noticed there isn't any real reviews on them. I am on the fence on which fairings to commit to.
ABS is basically what the OEM fairings are made of. Typically what I've seen and heard about ABS race fairings is that they look good, generally easy to fit on (with the exception of some of the chinese ebay ones which are hit or miss), but they crack very easily just like OEM ones do in the case of a crash. That is why the majority of racers and track day riders use the more traditional fiberglass fairings. They are a lot more flexible and don't break as easily.
airhead83 likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (race bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-22-2018, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This was in the description on the website. I definitely recognize the importance of fiberglass parts

ABS Motorcycle Fairings® fiberglass parts with Kevlar reinforced areas. Outside finish made with white Gel-Coat. These parts will require drilling and test fitting before painting. Also, may require sanding and small repairs. Installation should be performed by an experienced technician.

https://www.absfairings.com/track-fa...F-R3-2015-2017

again I am not opposed to going another route. just wanted to see if anyone has used them before
post #5 of 11 Old 03-22-2018, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Ohhhhhh....there was definitely some confusion here lol In this case ABS is the brand! lol...I was thinking you're talking about ABS as in the material (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene)! That's what a lot of plastic parts including fairings are made out of on most sport bikes. These guys really chose a bad name for their company. Gonna get a lot of people confused.

So never mind, it looks like they're typical race fairings, fiberglass with reinforced carbon, just like mine. A bit more than what I paid for my MotoXP Ricambi, but still a decent price for a full set. And judging by their phone number, they're in Virginia, just west of where I live! I would give them a shot even though I've never heard of them before. Thanks for the post...when I'll be in need of a new set, I may just go visit them
airhead83 likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (race bike)
post #6 of 11 Old 03-23-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Ohhhhhh....there was definitely some confusion here lol In this case ABS is the brand! lol...I was thinking you're talking about ABS as in the material (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene)! That's what a lot of plastic parts including fairings are made out of on most sport bikes. These guys really chose a bad name for their company. Gonna get a lot of people confused.

So never mind, it looks like they're typical race fairings, fiberglass with reinforced carbon, just like mine. A bit more than what I paid for my MotoXP Ricambi, but still a decent price for a full set. And judging by their phone number, they're in Virginia, just west of where I live! I would give them a shot even though I've never heard of them before. Thanks for the post...when I'll be in need of a new set, I may just go visit them
Those abs fairings look like copies off the molds for carbonin originals..

Should be fine...

But if u have the budget get carbonin

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
post #7 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoVirg View Post
Those abs fairings look like copies off the molds for carbonin originals..

Should be fine...

But if u have the budget get carbonin

They are copies from what Iv'e heard. Except they don't fit nearly as good, and not nearly as flexable. Carbonin might be a little more, but what you get for the extra $$$ is ultra light, ultra flexible fairings with pre installed Dzus fasteners that fit and take 10 min to install. No drilling, no cuting, nadda. You'd pay more in labor to install other farings over the small extra cost of the Carbonin.

Just sayin'

- Paulie
post #8 of 11 Old 04-17-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
They are copies from what Iv'e heard. Except they don't fit nearly as good, and not nearly as flexable. Carbonin might be a little more, but what you get for the extra $$$ is ultra light, ultra flexible fairings with pre installed Dzus fasteners that fit and take 10 min to install. No drilling, no cuting, nadda. You'd pay more in labor to install other farings over the small extra cost of the Carbonin.

Just sayin'

- Paulie
Agreed. If u are gonna go all the way to $600 just go the rest of the way for. Carbonin.

post #9 of 11 Old 11-07-2018, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I have always used Sharkskinz. They’re expensive as ****, but I have never been disappointed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continuity is not important as long as everything is touching.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-16-2018, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoVirg View Post
Agreed. If u are gonna go all the way to $600 just go the rest of the way for. Carbonin.

Doesn't Carbonin run roughly double that though? That's quite a bit different than an extra $100 or something to make the jump.

This is my signature. Woo.
Hit me up on Instagram, look at my terrible pics: motomatt_r3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page