User Tag List

4Likes

post #11 of 14 Old 05-09-2018, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
If you don't plan or aren't eligible for Moto America junior cup, why worry about those rules? Just get fairings that are allowed/used in your club racing....

I'm supported by WoodCraft/Armor Bodies....I've owned a set since 2008 (multiple R6 and now R3). They have crashed really well. Never had ot repair my R6 sets (slower speed low sides), and R3 (90mph low sides). Fairings didnt break, some cracks from crashing, but nothing structurally impacted. 2 Crashes on hte R3 set and still going strong.

I do wish I had the Superbike tail and I like the elevated seat position on the R3. I debated the Carbonin set, but sponsorship would not allow it....maybe someday Carbonin decides to sponsor me, lol
Armor Bodies should have a superbike tail for the R3 by now. About a year ago when I was getting bodywork for mine I email Eric Wood and asked about that. He said at the time they didn't have a superbike tail but it was in the works and he was estimating they'd come out with that option by end of summer/early fall (2017). So maybe check with them and see what the status is on that.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (race bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 05-10-2018, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Armor Bodies should have a superbike tail for the R3 by now. About a year ago when I was getting bodywork for mine I email Eric Wood and asked about that. He said at the time they didn't have a superbike tail but it was in the works and he was estimating they'd come out with that option by end of summer/early fall (2017). So maybe check with them and see what the status is on that.
Not to derail this thread, but I recently bought another set of AB, and no, they still didn't have the superbike tail available, not holding my breath over it though

AFM #723
2018 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 Old 05-10-2018, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
Not to derail this thread, but I recently bought another set of AB, and no, they still didn't have the superbike tail available, not holding my breath over it though

Hmm...weird. I don't see Eric Wood being a bullshitter so I'm guessing something must've happened later on an Armor Bodies ditched the superbike tail idea for some reason. Shame, because I think the SBK tails are better suited for race bikes.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (race bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 05-22-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
So i was finally able to get to my bike..

Here are the things i gotta replace
Front fairing stay
Probably cluster
Clip on just the handles

Tail frame i have to bend back a section. See photos.

Over all damage could have been way worse

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page