User Tag List

1Likes

post #11 of 20 Old 05-16-2018, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_tchap View Post
Yeah. I was thinking about this, nice to have a confirmation that I can. Thanks.

Iíll look out for him, too. Always good to learn the lines at a new track.
CVR Rewards patience and the apex cones aren't always where they should be for little bike lines.
I recommend that you do a track walk / Bicycle out in the morning and look for markers, they may also need cars to sweep off the track in the mornings and that's always fun!
What are you running for tires? Track temps were in the 130s on Monday Alpha 13s weren't holding up when we ran them back in April so we switched to the Q3+ and they were getting toasty this last weekend.

Ari Henning has some amazing lines on his record setting 1:58 lap during a race (when you can see them; he full tucks over the camera view often)>

-xbhobx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 05-16-2018, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbhobx View Post
CVR Rewards patience and the apex cones aren't always where they should be for little bike lines.
I recommend that you do a track walk / Bicycle out in the morning and look for markers, they may also need cars to sweep off the track in the mornings and that's always fun!
What are you running for tires? Track temps were in the 130s on Monday Alpha 13s weren't holding up when we ran them back in April so we switched to the Q3+ and they were getting toasty this last weekend.

Ari Henning has some amazing lines on his record setting 1:58 lap during a race (when you can see them; he full tucks over the camera view often)> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAjy5Dq5TQ
I was on Alpha13s which I loved but I'm on regular Q3s now, 120F/160R. Track walk is a good idea. I'll look into that, too.
Thanks man.
post #13 of 20 Old 05-16-2018, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Do you know what time the camp ground closes Friday? I canít get there until late, so Iím a bit worried. Normally Willowsprings closes at 9 or 10, so if youíre too late, too bad.

Long, 3 hour drive from LA so Iíd rather get there late at night than leave LA at 4am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 05-17-2018, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you know what time the camp ground closes Friday? I canít get there until late, so Iím a bit worried. Normally Willowsprings closes at 9 or 10, so if youíre too late, too bad.

Long, 3 hour drive from LA so Iíd rather get there late at night than leave LA at 4am.
If you're staying on the paddock I believe they do lock the gate at some point. The cabin area (if you rented one) are open 24/7.

Best thing to do is to give them a call (760) 227-3100

CVMA #60
Pirelli - Trackdaz - Shoei - Mithos - SIDI
post #15 of 20 Old 05-17-2018, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

We had this problem Sunday night with people arriving late that we running the track day on Monday, They were able to get track staff to stay an extra 30 min and they got there by 915. If you're close call ahead.

-xbhobx
post #16 of 20 Old 05-21-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Wound up throwing it into the dirt at turn 13-14 thinking I was on the back straight 16-17.
Went WOT and watched the road veer sharply to my left while I kept going straight... put it down at about 70mph.

Buy an airbag vest. I'm pretty sure mine saved my life. I landed directly on my face/head/neck. If I didnt have the airbag supporting my neck, I think I would've broken it and been seriously injured or possibly killed; I also landed on my right shoulder very hard and dislocated it, but, again, without the airbag vest covering my clavicle, I'm sure I would have broken that, too.

Helmet liner is crushed where my face pushed it down. Dents along my left eyebrow into the liner, crushed. Minor bruising on head and chin.

Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/Jqsu1eD

https://imgur.com/a/RB55Kgu

Looking to be mostly cosmetic aside from my right rearset which is totally hosed and my clutch perch which had the adjustment dial snap-off and is now stuck inside.

total 0/10 experience.
post #17 of 20 Old 05-21-2018, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Wound up throwing it into the dirt at turn 13-14 thinking I was on the back straight 16-17.
Went WOT and watched the road veer sharply to my left while I kept going straight... put it down at about 70mph.

Buy an airbag vest. I'm pretty sure mine saved my life. I landed directly on my face/head/neck. If I didnt have the airbag supporting my neck, I think I would've broken it and been seriously injured or possibly killed; I also landed on my right shoulder very hard and dislocated it, but, again, without the airbag vest covering my clavicle, I'm sure I would have broken that, too.

Helmet liner is crushed where my face pushed it down. Dents along my left eyebrow into the liner, crushed. Minor bruising on head and chin.

Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/Jqsu1eD

https://imgur.com/a/RB55Kgu

Looking to be mostly cosmetic aside from my right rearset which is totally hosed and my clutch perch which had the adjustment dial snap-off and is now stuck inside.

total 0/10 experience.
Holy ****. Sorry to hear that man. Were you the guy that forgot his key?

CVMA #60
Pirelli - Trackdaz - Shoei - Mithos - SIDI
post #18 of 20 Old 05-21-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by research monkey View Post
Holy ****. Sorry to hear that man. Were you the guy that forgot his key?
Yeah..
post #19 of 20 Old 05-21-2018, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Garage
Glad the vest and helmet did their job. Heal up quick!

-Rachael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 20 Old 05-22-2018, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
****, sorry to see this, but glad to see you are able to come on here and write about it (means it could have been a lot worse like you said).

Heal up quick!

- Paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page