User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Milc

post #1 of 6 Old 11-07-2018, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
R3 noise level trouble at Laguna Seca?

Hello! First post here. Browsed for a while.

Anyway,

I've searched high and low and can't seem to be able to find any direct info about the R3 with an exhaust running at Laguna Seca. Has anyone run one? Was it too loud? Did you get flagged? Slip-on? Full system?

I don't have the stock exhaust, so that's not an option.

I do have one of the Akro clone full systems with a baffle installed. It's not really all that loud, especially compared to my Buell or ZX6, which both have slip-ons, but I'm not sure if it would pass their 90db sound tests.

Any info and experiences would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-16-2018, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
They have a db limit, and it's 90db?

I'd honestly be surprised if anyone with a non-stock exhaust can make that. I don't know all the options for the R3, but IIRC the Graves full systems run at about 92db (5k rpm) with the insert installed, and the Akrapovic carbon and older ss model runs at 99db according to their websites. Both are under 90db at idle though, so I don't know what the requirement at Laguna would be measured from.

This is my signature. Woo.
Hit me up on Instagram, look at my terrible pics: motomatt_r3
post #3 of 6 Old 11-16-2018, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-J2 View Post
They have a db limit, and it's 90db?

I'd honestly be surprised if anyone with a non-stock exhaust can make that. I don't know all the options for the R3, but IIRC the Graves full systems run at about 92db (5k rpm) with the insert installed, and the Akrapovic carbon and older ss model runs at 99db according to their websites. Both are under 90db at idle though, so I don't know what the requirement at Laguna would be measured from.
You bet your ass they do. Try looking up Laguna Seca pipes, they can be rather entertaining. But Laguna requires you to be at or under 90dB when you pass the checkpoint at speed (which is on the right side of the track)

Did find this interesting blurb on fun track dayz's website about Laguna's strict policy. Some stock bikes don't even pass which is pretty wild but be prepared to make modifications if needed.
https://www.funtrackdayz.com/laguna-seca-sound-limits/

airhead83 likes this.

Milc

Last edited by Milc; 11-16-2018 at 02:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-16-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, no one on this forum has run at Laguna with a non stock pipe on their R3? Well, that's surprising, but at least we know what we're dealing with now... 😅
post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2018, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeyjyna View Post
So, no one on this forum has run at Laguna with a non stock pipe on their R3? Well, that's surprising, but at least we know what we're dealing with now... 😅

Yeah, clearly I had no idea. You might be the first, or at least the first on here. If you give it a go, please report what you find! Also, good luck.

This is my signature. Woo.
Hit me up on Instagram, look at my terrible pics: motomatt_r3
post #6 of 6 Old 11-18-2018, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
I watched a car vlog before where he intentionally slows down past the checkpoint. he blasts through the sound barrier everywhere else tho..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R3 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page