Yamaha R3 Forums banner

CVMA Round 1 Race Videos

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RPR 
#1 ·
Videos of my first races yesterday at Chuckwalla. A lot of room for improvement in lines to say the least. Best lap was a 2.10.05. Came in 17th overall in the first race, 7th Amateur. 7th again in the second race, was amateurs only.

ULW Shootout:

350 Supersport:

#3 ·
As someone VERY far from the west coast, how do these events work? Is it just races all day long? Is there points for the whole season or just 1 day?

RPR, what have you done to your bike thus far in terms of race mods? I cannot comment on your lines as I've never been to this track, YET!

#4 ·
@jbluetooth , great to meet you too! See you at round 2
@EngineeringAnon , I can comment on my lines, they suck! Tons of room to improve, it was only my second time at that track and doing the NRS and it being my first weekend I felt really overwhelmed just getting the process down (practice, qualifying, waiting for your race, grinding, etc), and it was 100+ degrees. It was so much fun though, I can't wait to get back there. If anyone from SoCal has questions about the process, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you. My best lap was a 2.10.05, about 12 seconds off Zeke's lap record.

In terms of mods, I did everything I wanted to do up front. Here's the major ones:

Andreanni cartridges
Penske rear shock
Hot bodies bodywork
Full M4 exhaust
Bazazz w/Jesse's map
Woodcraft clip ons
Woodcraft rearsets with Jesse's risers
Annitori quick shifter (from a previous bike, awesome that you can swap them from bike to bike)
Gb case covers
R6 Throttle tube
SS brake lines
Versa Brake Pads
Block off plates
Took off the fan/emissions stuff
Jesse's levers
Woodcraft Frame sliders
Wometech axle sliders
Rear brake reservoir delete
Alien Motion battery

I think thats about it, all I've got left is the chain/sprocket, rear brake disc, and maybe some sort of a master cylinder upgrade, but I really don't brake a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.