Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up guys I haven't posted here in months. Not sure if there was a topic on this I only saw a couple posts about it but if someone already posted I'll delete this. In February of this year there was a massive data breach in this forum as well as others like the Ninja 300 forums. Your username, email, IP address, and password were all leaked online. I recently found this while doing a personal security check. Everyone needs to change all their online passwords for your safety and if you really wanna take the extra step get your IP changed. 939 of these forums were hacked so all of you are probably affected. If anyone has questions lemme know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks but you're a bit late with the names. It was posted here, there was a warning and all pw were automatically reset

·
Registered
84 Posts
In related news, Yamaha recently announced that it will sell its R3 model in the US, beginning in 2015.

Reactions: Decon blue

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol well **** I never had to change a single password maybe it's just me

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Lol well **** I never had to change a single password maybe it's just me
Yeah, it was a big thing around here because, especially with this specific forum, we had a MAJOR problem with daily spam attacks. We got word that they did a mass site-wide password reset and then found it was across hundreds of forums and not just this one.
I even got a new password for a snowblower forum I happen to be a member of.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it was a big thing around here because, especially with this specific forum, we had a MAJOR problem with daily spam attacks. We got word that they did a mass site-wide password reset and then found it was across hundreds of forums and not just this one.

I even got a new password for a snowblower forum I happen to be a member of.

Yeah people need to start changing all their passwords and they don't realize this. Everyone's email which they signed up with was leaked and that email can be tied to other leaked databases revealing everyone's other passwords and accounts. Something funny though was that one of the most common passwords on this forum was Yamaha lol.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just rode my bike home from the shop, and was wondering if it's proper etiquette to start another recall thread. I dont think we have enough yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just rode my bike home from the shop, and was wondering if it's proper etiquette to start another recall thread. I dont think we have enough yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My recall work is done, but I can't pick up the bike till tomorrow :crying:

In other news: I sat on all the 600s and 1000s...I want a bigger toy :p

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Since this thread is pulp fiction already, what do you think of the Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 as a second bigger, heavier toy?
I LOVE it.
Nothing sounds like an Aprilia V4 with a nice GP-style exhaust can.

They are expensive. They get bad fuel mileage. But they are FUN.
If I had to own a Euro bike... it would be a Triumph or the Tuono 1100.

Having said that... the CBR1000RR is better "bang" for your "buck".
It's the best value in a liter-class sportbike right now. You can pick them up for a good price
because lots of them are out there, and sales are slow on them because riders are gravitating towards the new R1, ZX10R, and s1000rr.
PLUS: new CBR for 2017. So the Honda fans are waiting to see the new 25th anniversary Fireblade.

Great deals right now on the 2015 leftover CBR1000RR.
I've seen them as low as $10,000 plus TTL.
That is a lot of bike for the money. Top-quality bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
Having said that... the CBR1000RR is better "bang" for your "buck". It's the best value in a liter-class sportbike right now.
Haha yeah, it's not about bang for buck. I view the Tuono as a VFR800 that weights 60 lbs less and 50 whp more. I guess it should compare to the VFR1200 or ST1300 but those are 600 and 730 pounds. I'm a sucker for expensive unique things ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts