Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have still a dilemma about changing tires,i want to change tires but i'm not sure what to do, keep stock size or got for the next size 150/60. **** why it is so difficult to decided!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manly is for looks nothing else, i don't think there's any advantage or disadvantage to change size, to be honest i went to a local dealer i saw the ktm 390 - and i have to say the 150 tire definitely looks better.
If you ask me about doing any performance with this bike i don't think i will... i use my second bike the ( gixxer ) for fun;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys

I have still a dilemma about changing tires,i want to change tires but i'm not sure what to do, keep stock size or got for the next size 150/60. **** why it is so difficult to decided!!!
You really have your answer. If you want to do it for looks, then do it. Not going to make much of a difference as far as the street riding performance envelope is concerned.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I wasn't such a fan of the 140 rear S20 on the track (shape),
so fitted them to a cbr250 roadie,
WOW, what an amazing road tyre. perfect for 4.0 wheel and taller than the 150/60.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Today i removed my wheels and tires to get them powder coating, so finally i decided for the 150/60. Now i have to check it out which brand i should buy...pirelli/michelin/or bridgs.

So far i've seen diablo rosso/ mchelin 2ct in that size.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Today i removed my wheels and tires to get them powder coating, so finally i decided for the 150/60. Now i have to check it out which brand i should buy...pirelli/michelin/or bridgs.

So far i've seen diablo rosso/ mchelin 2ct in that size.

Slap yourself for mentioning Michelin with those two reputable brands.

The radial version Michelin is no better than the wheelbarrow tyres we got penalised with on the R3, Aari Henning has a good video shootout.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol...you can't compare the 2ct and the stock tires on the r3. 2ct it was a great tire and still is, opinion is vary. But in the last 6years i've been using the Pirelli supercorsa sc1/sc2 for the track and i loved them..yes fantastic grip. As far as the diablo rosso for the street i have no idea but so far from what i've been reading the feedback is good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
lol...you can't compare the 2ct and the stock tires on the r3. 2ct it was a great tire and still is, opinion is vary. But in the last 6years i've been using the Pirelli supercorsa sc1/sc2 for the track and i loved them..yes fantastic grip. As far as the diablo rosso for the street i have no idea but so far from what i've been reading the feedback is good.
The Pirelli Supercorsas are a top-notch race tire. Our light weight endurance team got four three hour races with a 250 Ninja out of a used Supercorsa front and a new 140 rear. Some of that was in the rain, so that helped with wear but still I'm very happy with the level of grip and durability. One set of tires for three or four races on the lightweight bikes is great when compared with the tires being toast after one three hour race on an SV. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts