Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to sell her cause the wife is killing me about the two up riding. It has a vagabond tail chop, tst flush mount front signals and Yamaha seat delete. She has 1,800 miles on the odo and my dealer did the first service ( with receipt). I'm asking for $4,500

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm looking to sell her cause the wife is killing me about the two up riding. It has a vagabond tail chop, tst flush mount front signals and Yamaha seat delete. She has 1,800 miles on the odo and my dealer did the first service ( with receipt). I'm asking for $4,500
Man, that sucks. What has it been, less than a month you owned it? What do you mean about the 2 up? She wants to ride 2 up? Its not comfortable for her on the R3? You need a bigger bike?

Anyway, good luck buddy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I removed the passenger peg brackets after my wife complained about the "koala bear" position she had to endure on the R3 (one ride!) We still have the cafe-cruiser for two-up riding; but I did buy the R3 with the intention of having two bikes for us to ride together on. The FZ6R would be a better two-up bike, but I did not like the styling.
I looked at Honda's VFR 800 as a possible bike for two-up riding (and longer rides, actually OUTSIDE my zip code), but the $13k price and weight nixxed that idea.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I removed the passenger peg brackets after my wife complained about the "koala bear" position she had to endure on the R3 (one ride!) We still have the cafe-cruiser for two-up riding; but I did buy the R3 with the intention of having two bikes for us to ride together on. The FZ6R would be a better two-up bike, but I did not like the styling.
I looked at Honda's VFR 800 as a possible bike for two-up riding (and longer rides, actually OUTSIDE my zip code), but the $13k price and weight nixxed that idea.
Suzuki SFV650, Honda CBR650F, Yamaha FZ-09 all have MUCH better passenger seating. A lot bigger passenger seat area, are one piece designs and the passenger sits more in line with the rider, instead of in the "High Chair" position. All 3 bikes are in the $8K range.

Also, the new Kawi Z800 could be a good choice, too $8,399 for a bike that's getting great reviews. Supposed to be in showrooms this Fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts