Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after my first 180 miles logged on my first bike ever. I'm in love. I've been wanting a bike since I could drive. This past October I went to Bermuda and rented a moped while I was there to get around the island. I loved it. Now 15 years later I went Friday afternoon and purchased a blue R3. Can read about how the purchase went here:http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/289-yamaha-r3-general-discussion/14993-m-n-r.html

About a month ago I took a 3 day beginners motorcycle course. Dealer prepped the bike and put 3 miles on it to check everything out. Friday evening when I drove home I put 27 miles on it. Saturday I road 15 miles. Sunday 80. Monday 55. It is supposed to rain today, and tomorrow. Hopefully the weather man continues to be wrong and I get clear dry roads, so I can ride some more.

I decided to go with the R3 because I didn't want a 'fast' or 'powerful' bike. I just want something I can cruise around with but also is appealing to my eyes. I like the sporty look. So a Harley and those styles of bikes just aren't for me. My buddy tried to convince me to go with a GSXR 750 so I could then switch between the 2 modes of a 750 or 650 bike. But it came down to not wanting all that power as my first bike. Plus the way I am in and out of hobbies I couldn't justify paying double the cost of an R3 only to have the bike sit. I ended up paying $5,900 cash out the door for the bike.

I'm very happy with my decision, and don't regret the purchase. I've already ordered numerous parts to customize the bike a little more and make it more eye appealing to myself. Just waiting for those parts to come in and I'll be posting up pictures of those .

For anyone wondering I'm 5'9" 175 pounds. Flat footed while sitting on the bike. I don't feel cramped. I feel very comfortable sitting/standing/riding. The bike has more 'power' then I was expecting. Which makes me feel even more comfortable with my choice in buying the bike over another one. Maybe in a year or two I'll 'upgrade' to a bigger bike. But for now I'm loving being out there on the bike listening to music, cruising on the back roads of town. :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
YZF R6 and YZF 750R to 2 ninja 2-fittys and the R3. Still own the 750R, but haven't ridden it for 3 yrs. Li'l bikes are just so nimble and so much fun.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Yeah, my bike pattern was similar...
started small, then went big, then started track riding and racing and have been dropping down again...
Ninja 500, then CBR954RR, then CBR1000RR, then R6, then r3... :) You'll love it, the R3 is a super fun bike.
And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Prior to the (new 2002) R6, I had in-line 4 cyl. KZ, CSR, GS (Kawis were both 650, think the GS was a 750. Been a while) and a Virago 750 (V twin).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts