Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I went to trade school for mobile electronics before college, and one of my biggest take aways was that alarm systems suck. Aftermarket alarm systems (like that) really suck. I've never installed one that went smoothly, and there almost always seemed to be some sort of electrical gremlin afterwards.

For the price though, you may find it worthwhile if you can install it yourself and just rip it off if weird things start to happen. Keep a close eye on the battery's resting voltage when the bike has sat for a while, it'll be the first clue if there is a draw.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to trade school for mobile electronics before college, and one of my biggest take aways was that alarm systems suck. Aftermarket alarm systems (like that) really suck. I've never installed one that went smoothly, and there almost always seemed to be some sort of electrical gremlin afterwards.

For the price though, you may find it worthwhile if you can install it yourself and just rip it off if weird things start to happen. Keep a close eye on the battery's resting voltage when the bike has sat for a while, it'll be the first clue if there is a draw.
Thanks for your reply. I don't think its worth it, it looks kind of bad, and after what you said I'm not willing to waste 30+ GBP, I'll rather live without one, or buy a more expensive one if I feel like i need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts