Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did my first oil change today. I used a Mobil 1 M1-110 filter with Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 Full Synthetic for motorcycles. I didn't find the filter as hard to get off as others have. I reused the same crush washer on the drain plug. Seems all good so far, but I think I'll try to get a new washer and drain plug and try a quick swap and top off. Fifty bucks for 3 quarts and the filter.
I'm excited to be able to bring that rpm a little higher now!
(Anyone know how to delete threads? I meant to add to the discussion, not start a new thread)

·
Registered
234 Posts
My filter came off easily as well. I'll switch to full synth oil after 1000 miles of running Castrol MC oil 10w40. I ordered my filters online along with the crush washers, and a special oil filter socket tool that fits over the end of the filter. Easy-peasy. Definately needed a funnel for filling, though! What's up with that angled filler Yamaha?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Did my first oil change today. I used a Mobil 1 M1-110 filter with Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 Full Synthetic for motorcycles. I didn't find the filter as hard to get off as others have. I reused the same crush washer on the drain plug. Seems all good so far, but I think I'll try to get a new washer and drain plug and try a quick swap and top off. Fifty bucks for 3 quarts and the filter.
I'm excited to be able to bring that rpm a little higher now!
(Anyone know how to delete threads? I meant to add to the discussion, not start a new thread)

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button, then click the Blue Delete button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Editing is available for something like 36 hours or so, after which the Edit button disappears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts