Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I finally take it in for the 1st service. Mileage is 720. I've been busy lately. Usually I would have 600 miles on a bike for the 1st service in a week or two. I've had the R3 for 7 or 8 weeks. Looking forward to getting the first service done and doing some serious riding. In 2 weeks I'm riding it to my aunt's place near Palestine Texas. That's about 320 miles round trip. Wow. it's been over 5 years since I've had a 300 mile day on a motorcycle. It's going to be hot going up there, but I have my CamelBak. Coming home will be mostly a night ride, so it will be cooler.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice! good luck with the trip... i saw the camebak in person for the first time last weekend.. looks nice and a great idea to don't do an stop for drink.... can you put anything else than water on it? like gatorade? or it will be a mess to clean it after the use?

In 6 days my bike will have a month old and the odometer show up only 62 miles..... still thinking if follow the request of 1 month old or 300 miles (whatever comes first)... yeah.. i know.. they are trying to rip off.... but well... i don't want to mess with the warranty that is also a rip off in my country... Only 6 months!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Nice! good luck with the trip... i saw the camebak in person for the first time last weekend.. looks nice and a great idea to don't do an stop for drink.... can you put anything else than water on it? like gatorade? or it will be a mess to clean it after the use?

In 6 days my bike will have a month old and the odometer show up only 62 miles..... still thinking if follow the request of 1 month old or 300 miles (whatever comes first)... yeah.. i know.. they are trying to rip off.... but well... i don't want to mess with the warranty that is also a rip off in my country... Only 6 months!
I feel old as **** first time I saw/used/owned a camelback was probably 20 years ago. It's not recommended to put anything other than water in one. People do it, and if you forget afterwards, you may end up with mold and what in the bladder.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I only put water in my Camel back. When I am not using it I keep it in the freezer and when I need it I take it out about an hour before I fill it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts