Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*UPDATE, NEW PHOTOS*1st Track Day with ridepre.com 8/13/2016

1st ever track day novice group with Performance Riding Experience @ NCBIKE North Carolina. Videos uploading to YouTube, links to follow. I'd like to tell you all about how awesome it was. It was hot and humid out there. 1st run I was getting my butt cheek off the seat but not getting my upper body out and down like I thought I was. Coach said my feet legs and hips are doing great just get over and down with chest head and shoulders. I didn't understand, I felt I was doing right. You will see in the rear cam, I was not getting over. So with that crossed up body position, I was scraping those peg dealies. It feels weird but to get your upper body to match your hips hanging off, you have to push the bike away from you. Hard to explain. Say in a right turn, cheek off, toe, knee, pointed through the turn, now imagine pushing the bike away from you to the left so your chest and head go over to the right. It was the strangest feeling. And I was lifting my butt to get my butt over. I got advice to push with outside leg to slide butt off to inside turn. I did notice that lifting butt makes the rear suspension go humpty like up and down waves. So my last 2 runs I did the outside leg push. The bike was more planted, it was faster transition, and less energy wasted. After 6 outs, I was wasted. Knee, thighs, calves, back. Most sore from BAD technique. The R3 did not disappointed. There were 600s passing the straight, but in the turns, R3 is awesome!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was more like this the whole morning.

First outing, following Coach, doing as he did.

See look, not getting my chest down.

·
Registered
433 Posts
sounds like you had a ton of fun, welcome to you new addiction! go out there and get some more seat time now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts