Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD AS OF 6/13/2016

Breaks my heart a bit, but I decided to move forward with a sale on my R3. I'm upgrading to a fully decked out 2007 Triumph Daytona 675.

The bike has 3100mi on the clock. This will go up for a bit until I get my Daytona, but then I probably will let the R3 sit. I have done all the service myself. Oil changed for break-in at 600mi, then changed again at 2200mi. I have used K&N filters and Yamalube. Chain has been regularly cleaned, lubed and tightened and is in great shape. It was stored indoors all winter, battery hooked up to a tender. I love this bike and taken great care of it - I want to sell to someone who will do the same and appreciate this awesome little machine.

There are no mechanical issues with the bike, it rides great. The only aesthetic issues are some light scuffing on the exhaust and right mirror from a very slow fall. Got up, picked up the bike, and rode home without any issues. That was 2200 miles ago and I have not had any issues since. Just another reason to start on a 300 - you won't be heartbroken if you go down, and its cheap to buy new parts if need be.

Mods:
- Motodynamic Integrated Tailight ($100)
- TST Flush-mount front signals ($20)
- TST Adjustable Fender Eliminator ($120)
- TST 2nd Gen Flasher Relay ($20 - regulates turn signal speed for aftermarket signals)
- Aftermarket foldable/extendable levers in blue/silver ($50)
- Front fork sliders ($40)
- Rear stand pegs/sliders ($20)

Price is negotiable if you aren't interested in the mods, but less so if you want them included. The mods have run me a few hundred bucks and I can easily part them out to make that back if needed. I also have a Bell Qualifier Helmet (L) and Venom Rear stand that can be worked in for the right price and buyer.

The bike is ready to ride, save yourself a few hundred bucks buying used and avoid losing time and money at the dealership! Title is clean and clear, ready to be signed over. You simply will not find as good a deal buying new, don't be fooled by low asking prices from dealerships because they will always tack on hundreds in non-negotiable fees.

Test rides for serious buyers only - please don't waste my time or your's. Must have a valid motorcycle license w/ Class M endorsement + cash in my hand. You drop it, you buy it. Asking SOLD. Bike is located in the NW Chicago suburbs. I would be willing to meet a reasonable distance for a serious buyer.

More pictures here!

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Breaks my heart a bit, but I decided to move forward with a sale on my R3. I'm upgrading to a fully decked out 2007 Triumph Daytona 675.
We're losing one of the regulars. You're a familiar face around here and we'll miss seeing you here.
Hopefully the Triumph treats you well. Stay safe on that beast. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're losing one of the regulars. You're a familiar face around here and we'll miss seeing you here.
Hopefully the Triumph treats you well. Stay safe on that beast. :)
Thanks bud, I hope so too. Who knows, maybe I'll end up hating the triumph after a few months and find my way back to the R3, lol. I'll still pop in here every so often, I'm rather attached to the community :)

Also, right now I can only afford to own one bike. Once I finish up law school and have my own place (with a garage!) I'll be able to get another R3 for myself and the girlfriend to ride around town. The R3 is an AWESOME bike, and I'm quite sad to get rid of it. However, I'm 23 with minimal obligations right now, so if there is ever a time to hop on a supersport and have some fun then its now!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You will like the 675. It's a massive upgrade over an R3. The ONLY drawback is: it has a racing riding position.
I have been eyeballing a Street Triple R for years. I don't get one because they are too expensive, and I already have a Fireblade.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
You will like the 675. It's a massive upgrade over an R3. The ONLY drawback is: it has a racing riding position.
I have been eyeballing a Street Triple R for years. I don't get one because they are too expensive, and I already have a Fireblade.
I love everything about them except for the hideous googly eye headlights :nerd:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, the riding position definitely leaves some comfort to be desired. However, mine has HeliBar clip-ons which raise the bars about 1.5" and it was pretty comfortable. My hands/wrists felt fine, but my hips were more scrunched than usual due to the lean. Definitely have to get used to gripping the tank and using my core more while riding. that is the kind of stuff you don't have to think about on the R3, haha.

The torque is intoxicating though. Excellent for the street, because it has torque EVERYWHERE

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
1.) that is the kind of stuff you don't have to think about on the R3, haha.

2.) The torque is intoxicating though. Excellent for the street, because it has torque EVERYWHERE

1. - True! That's a big reason why I got an R3.

2. - I say the same thing about my CBR1000RR.
:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See.... I actually really like the headlights!
( WITH the little "flyscreen" option )
The googly bug eyes are hit or miss. some days I love them, some days I find them repulsive. If I owned a Striple I'd have to do a single headlamp conversion. The flyscreens are funny, they look like a tiny hat for the bike, haha.

Also, my R3 is officially SOLD! =/

Picking up my Daytona this weekend. It is definitely odd, at least one other guy here upgraded to a Daytona and like 5 people on the reddit moto sub did this weekend too. Odd, but hey they are awesome bikes! Easily the best in the 600 class.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts