Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to buy a 2015 model R3 with only around 400km, for what I hope will be around half the price of a new model new bike (or around 60% at worst). My hesitation is that it hasn't had its first service, despite being used very briefly across the past 5/6 years, and therefore none of the recalls have been conducted.

Just wanted to get the thoughts from this forum of experts on whether it is a good purchase, or too much of a gamble (potential headache) overall.

Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to buy a 2015 model R3 with only around 400km, for what I hope will be around half the price of a new model new bike (or around 60% at worst). My hesitation is that it hasn't had its first service, despite being used very briefly across the past 5/6 years, and therefore none of the recalls have been conducted.

Just wanted to get the thoughts from this forum of experts on whether it is a good purchase, or too much of a gamble (potential headache) overall.

Cheers!
Did you get a test ride? If it's genuine low milage & it runs good, then go for it, we only live once.
If possible get it to an authorised Yamaha dealer to inspect & have all the recall parts done.
Good luck & be careful if the deal is too good to be true.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get a test ride? If it's genuine low milage & it runs good, then go for it, we only live once.
If possible get it to an authorised Yamaha dealer to inspect & have all the recall parts done.
Good luck & be careful if the deal is too good to be true.
I missed out unfortunately, it was a little bit away from where I live so didnt get the chance to get there in time! Ah well - can;t win them all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts