Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Change of plans for me. Clean and clear title, NOT salvage. It has about 800 miles. 500 street miles, the rest was novice track days.
The top of the tail fairing is damaged. Someone lightly t-boned me as I was leaned into a corner.... guy was way off line. No other damage was done to the bike. Tail is still solid. I never dropped it or ran off track.

Armour Bodies Track Fairings unpainted, with removable cap on tail, which is the only damaged piece. Easy replacement.
K-tech razor r shock
k-tech 20mm cartridges
GB Racing case cover set
NortonFab rear set brackets
Dunlop Alpha 13's, lots of rubber left.
Oil and Water is safety wired

I obviously I have some money wrapped up in this bike with suspension alone. I'm hoping someone can appreciate that, and the time it takes to make a bike track ready.

Price is $5900 for everything including stock black fairings, stock rear shock, and I even have the stock michelins.
I'll sit on the bike at this price for about a month, after that I'll start selling off track parts.

Bike is in Berea, KY 40403

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think you'll be better off parting out the aftermarket parts and selling it as bone stock. You can probably get that amount if you split them up like that, but I'd be amazed if someone drops $5900 on that bike as it sits right now. There are quite a few R3 and Ninja 300 track bikes that have much more race parts on that sell for less than that. Plus, the market for used aftermarket race parts for the R3 is pretty slim...there is a lot more demand than supply, so if you post up the suspensions, bodywork and some other stuff for sale, I bet they will sell right away. Personally I'd be interested in the GB covers, and possibly the K-teck cartridges depending on price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, do you do this often? I see you're interested in aftermarket parts, doesn't mean you have to ruin my thread to get them...

I know what the market is. Your post was pointless and not needed except the last sentence.

I'm gonna be optimistic and believe not everybody wants to build their own track bike. This bike comes with the important parts, turn key, and not a salvaged wrecked race bike.

I knew better than to post on this site....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wow, do you do this often? I see you're interested in aftermarket parts, doesn't mean you have to ruin my thread to get them...

I know what the market is. Your post was pointless and not needed except the last sentence.

I'm gonna be optimistic and believe not everybody wants to build their own track bike. This bike comes with the important parts, turn key, and not a salvaged wrecked race bike.

I knew better than to post on this site....

You posted up saying that you are going to part our all of the race bits if it doesn't sell. I think the advise was to go that route for most benefit. With a response like yours I don't think you'll have many interested buyers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's fine and dandy. The only problem is I didn't ask for advice. This is a For Sale thread, which means I asked for a buyer. My response didn't kill the thread... it was already dead. Took a whole 12 minutes.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Jeez...over-react much?? Wasn't meant to be an insult in any way or to try to be a dick, I was just making a suggestion based on what I've seen that actually sells around the US, as well as from my recent experience with building up an R3 race bike. It's not uncommon to see someone list a bike for a ridiculous amount thinking it's made out of gold and then wonder why it doesn't sell, so I was just trying to help speed your sale, not kill your sale.

·
Registered
433 Posts
very interested in your race parts if you decide to part out please let me know!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts