Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

The other night I botched an attempt to install an aftermarket clutch lever - I ended up snapping off a tiny plastic switch hidden inside the clutch assembly and now I need to replace the whole switch. Some research told me this may be the neutral safety switch, and I found the part # for a 2015 replacement part. (http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/part/YP-5BP-H2917-00-00.html)

My question is: the 2015 part will still work on my '16 bike, right? I don't anticipate problems but I wanted to check to make sure.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Hey all,

The other night I botched an attempt to install an aftermarket clutch lever - I ended up snapping off a tiny plastic switch hidden inside the clutch assembly and now I need to replace the whole switch. Some research told me this may be the neutral safety switch, and I found the part # for a 2015 replacement part. (http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/part/YP-5BP-H2917-00-00.html)

My question is: the 2015 part will still work on my '16 bike, right? I don't anticipate problems but I wanted to check to make sure.

Thanks
Yup... same part for both years

·
Registered
346 Posts
One thing I mentioned in my thread is there's very limited stock left in the US right now on these... get it before it's too late lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
Crazy. ****, maybe we should be ordering extras just in case. It would suck to be grounded for that little **** of a part. I swear, so many places have stock issues. For my Macbook Airs I always get extra power cords for on the go; it sucks to always unplug and neatly route laptop power cords every time you leave and come home. Anyway since I am doing extra CS courses as prereqs for grad school for a Master's in Comp Sci I bought a new Razer Blade Stealth laptop to do coding on the Windows side-anyway point is their power cord has been out of stock since November. I had literally been checking every day since then and it finally came in stock 2 days ago. Frustrating. As another aside, I uograded both my clutch and front brake/master cylinder with CRG and Brembo respectively. The brake light switch is a similar switch that snaps in below but has different wire terminal connectors on them-had to cut the wires and switch to the stock quick connects. The actual cable is very long and has lots of extra slack which I wrapped up and zip tied. Anyway, I could find the exta same size connectors even though I ordered 3 boxes worth of different connectors. Had to modify them and crimp them in. Also wrapped it in electrical tape and zip tied it just to be safe. So far so good but crimping is not my forte and hopefully there's no issue with water or anything. Remember to be slow and methodical with those levers. Sometimes I move fast and brute force seemingly stuck things when it takes a certain way and I've broken things in my haste. So much safer to take your time. Frankly, I am stunned I didnt thrash my clutch switch. The CRG was tricky to install especially since I bought the lever and perch and is nerve racking to mess around with such a nice but delicately anodized lever that can be scratched up easily from tools during install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts