Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've been doing some research, to no avail, about potential release of 2016 model R3's. Any ideas on anything that might happen?
I'm in Australia if that makes a difference and I was wondering if I it would be best to just get in now and get one or best of waiting till the 2016's come out, if they do:crying:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah there's another thread on the topic. But I believe all the info is from India related sites. I haven't seen/heard anything different besides an extra color option. I was hoping for maybe ABS to come to the states but so far doesn't look to be so.

I plan on waiting til mid/late March to get mine so luckily by then we should know more and hopefully there will be more options for good used ones as people will either be upgrading for the new riding season etc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is there confirmation on the color? I would have to swap plastics if the anniversary yellow edition came out!

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's nothing 100% confirmed as far as I'm aware. But the extra/new color would be a flat grey/gun metal color.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My local dealer says less than 2 weeks before anniversary edition sport bikes start arriving. They have YZ250 and Raptor in yellow now.

No ideas on what will get the markings. The R6 and R1 will almost certainly get the treatment.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My local dealer says less than 2 weeks before anniversary edition sport bikes start arriving. They have YZ250 and Raptor in yellow now.

No ideas on what will get the markings. The R6 and R1 will almost certainly get the treatment.
R1 is a go.
I'm not normally a yellow person but it looked great in person at the Aim expo in Orlando.

Reactions: Admiral Hein
1 - 20 of 37 Posts