Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
R3 rider in mass as well

I'm new to this forum as I got my 15 R3 as a second bike a month ago. I'm in the Quincy area so I'm not too far off. Lovin this bike riding around mass so far, my R1 is a little overkill and gets hot as **** in boston traffic...

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm new to this forum as I got my 15 R3 as a second bike a month ago. I'm in the Quincy area so I'm not too far off. Lovin this bike riding around mass so far, my R1 is a little overkill and gets hot as **** in boston traffic...

I can only imagine. I've been self teaching to ride my R3 and I got the hang of it in10 mins. Partly because the bike is so forgiving and won't kill me. Your in Quincy that's cool, only 10 mins away from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Love my R3 around here on the cape but I already emailed my sales guy from MOMS to upgrade to the R6 if possible (or at least look at the numbers). Im not sure how much Ill love taking the R3 down 495 from Hyannis to Taunton if I want to visit my family and friends back home. Id love an R1, but totally overkill for what I would need, especially in summer traffic on Cape Cod. 30mph if I'm lucky some days.

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love my R3 around here on the cape but I already emailed my sales guy from MOMS to upgrade to the R6 if possible (or at least look at the numbers). Im not sure how much Ill love taking the R3 down 495 from Hyannis to Taunton if I want to visit my family and friends back home. Id love an R1, but totally overkill for what I would need, especially in summer traffic on Cape Cod. 30mph if I'm lucky some days.

I'm thinking of doing the same as soon as I'm used to riding some more. I'm teaching my self how to ride so it's ok for me as of now. I would love an R6 as well and I feel like Yamaha is a better bike for the money. I wanted a CBR600RR but I love Yamaha a lot more. I'm a bigger rider so I might have to get an R1. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping I can fit my 6'6 frame on an R6.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Test ride that R6 first. They're beautiful to look at but personally, I find it horribly uncomfortable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Test ride that R6 first. They're beautiful to look at but personally, I find it horribly uncomfortable.
Oh I am going too, in reality my goal was to finish paying off the R3, buy my truck, and then get an R6. The R3 is great for around town, but for having a little more fun and being able to have the extra power on the highway I think I will love the R6, I sat on one at the store and loved it, but just didn't want to pay the $13000

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh I am going too, in reality my goal was to finish paying off the R3, buy my truck, and then get an R6. The R3 is great for around town, but for having a little more fun and being able to have the extra power on the highway I think I will love the R6, I sat on one at the store and loved it, but just didn't want to pay the $13000

That $13000 price is always a killer. Some of these bikes cost more that cars now days lol. I'll probably try to find a preowned 2012-2015

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got mine at MOMS from Eric on Monday.
Been loving it...
It's already in for its 600 mile service!
I'm off exit 3 so my first ride was 80 mph on 495. absolutely no problem I could commute on the highway every day on this bike if I had to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts