Yamaha R3 Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Yeah, that's the only bit I was wondering about. I didn't even notice the RC390s that were in those last rounds, I thought the whole season went by without any. Should definitely be interesting to see how it all shakes out for MotoAmerica. I'm also interested to see how the new 650 class will go. Popular with club racers, but will there be enough folks who want to do the whole season? Will we see some of the riders who were in the 390 Cup jump up to that rather than try a different 300? I just have no idea.
I'm not sure if the details have been released on the rules for all classes, but from what I've heard that new twins class is going to be a builder's class mostly. In other words, rules are pretty open, not too many restrictions, so the guys that will do it and that will probably do well will be the richer folks who don't mind spending $20,000 on an SV build that will be pushing 100 hp. With that money, I think you'll be at similar costs to just run in the stock 1000 class. At least you won't be rebuilding motors after each round and bike will cost you about the same. But we shall see. Either way, I think it's gonna be pretty exciting and will be nice to have another class and some changes with the current ones.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.