Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My daughter Lissy races a 2019 R3 in the British Superbike Championship HEL Performance JSS class. Well she would if we could keep it running 🤦‍♂️
To race in this class it required changes from our original set up.
We had a Woolich remap, GYTR engine kit, full Akrapovic exhaust and translogic quickshifter.
We had to remove the map and the translogic and replace with a HM quickshifter (BSB spec) and either fit a fuel controller I.e power commander V or fit the solo engineering WSS control electronics kit (£2600 👀)
We chose the PC V !
Since fitted the bike now cuts out after braking hard into tight corners, as soon as she gets on the gas its like its run out of fuel, she has to stop switch off and back on again to be able to restart the bike. It only does it at 1 corner at each track we have been to and its always after a high speed section into a heavy braking section.
We initially thought the PC V was at fault as when we disconnected it the bike worked fine?
So we got another PC V and it's exactly the same?
So we then started changing things on the bike to see if we could solve the problem as it hadn't shown anything on diagnostic machine and we can't replicate it on a dyno.
So far we have changed
Power commander
Throttle bodies
Stator/crank position sensor
Tilt switch
Spark plugs
Fuel pump
No joy except until we unplug the PC V it works again ?
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycle helmet

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
I was going to say PCV, because I have seen a number of threads (of various other brands of bikes) where disconnecting the PCV solved a not-running-right issue. Somehow, the PCV is upsetting things. I don't know what the solution is though, aside from some kind of active logging while on the track to record afr / fueling / tps / spark / rpm / etc so you can debug the failure.

Do you want me to move this thread to General Discussion for better visibility?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply xarbe, we are now convinced it's because the PCV. Hopefully will be testing this weekend to try a few different things and hopefully she doesn't highside like last Sundays test before we got chance to try anything 🤦‍♂️🤣
Will keep you posted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts