Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title. I bought the proper size pin to use my Pitbull front stand and lift up the bike from the triple tree. Pin comes in the mail, I swap out old one, so far so good. I get under the bike and see that there's some silly shroud in the way. Annoying, but I remove it. Then beneath the shroud there's the brake line, right in front of the triple tree opening. WTF? Do I seriously need to reroute the brake line just to use a front stand?

Yikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Are you sure it wasn't moved from the stock location?
I bought the bike in a stock (but damaged) condition-- with 1900 miles or so. No mods, so no reason to suspect that anything had been done to it. I'll snag a picture tonight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Title. I bought the proper size pin to use my Pitbull front stand and lift up the bike from the triple tree. Pin comes in the mail, I swap out old one, so far so good. I get under the bike and see that there's some silly shroud in the way. Annoying, but I remove it. Then beneath the shroud there's the brake line, right in front of the triple tree opening. WTF? Do I seriously need to reroute the brake line just to use a front stand?

Yikes.
No not at all

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

See photo, sorry for the delay on this. Photo perspective is from the radiator looking forward toward the triple, and that brake line prevents me from using a triple stand. Someone mentioned a recall on this? Is there any reading I can do on this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
View attachment 69398

See photo, sorry for the delay on this. Photo perspective is from the radiator looking forward toward the triple, and that brake line prevents me from using a triple stand. Someone mentioned a recall on this? Is there any reading I can do on this?
Idk I use same stand on R3 and R1 I must have removed holder it's been a few yrs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts