Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m using a RAM ball mount stem going into the triple tree right now with a quad lock mount. I’ve also used the stem nut ball mount with the X-grip and quad lock on my 2019

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought these for $17.20 USD ($25.90 NZD) delivered.

Parts: i.imgur.com/SSCJvPG.png

Installed: imgur.com/a/z7InhyM

It took about 20 minutes to install and I dabbed a bit of clear silicone on the top of the bolt so it doesn't rust.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought these for $17.20 USD ($25.90 NZD) delivered.

Parts: i.imgur.com/SSCJvPG.png

Installed: imgur.com/a/z7InhyM

It took about 20 minutes to install and I dabbed a bit of clear silicone on the top of the bolt so it doesn't rust.
how do you like it? I currently have it set up using the top tank bolt so it doesn't move when Turing the bars. was too worried that my OCD would kick in and distract me if the screen actually moved. lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
how do you like it? I currently have it set up using the top tank bolt so it doesn't move when Turing the bars. was too worried that my OCD would kick in and distract me if the screen actually moved. lol
It's very solid and secure. If you use the additional rubber straps that came with mine there's no way your phone is going anywhere. For a fraction of the price of an official RAM mount branded one it's exactly the same.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Think my wording got mixed. I’m not worried about it getting lose I’m more concerned about when you turn corners at low speed the screen will turn with the bars. That will set my OCD off.
Well if you lean off the bike like marc marquz your body will always be in line with your phone :)

·
Registered
2021- R3
16 Posts
Think my wording got mixed. I’m not worried about it getting lose I’m more concerned about when you turn corners at low speed the screen will turn with the bars. That will set my OCD off.
reviving old post for people with 19'-21' that need ideas.

this is my setup, no "OCD" problem on my 2021, it should apply for the 19' & 20' also since they have the same shape tank covers.

i didnt go with the "X-grip" like most people so in order to have the key clear the "quick-grip" holder i had to angle the arm back and it touches the tank, so i applied a strip of 3M protective film in the area to prevent scratches to the paint.

1/4-in-20 x 1-1/4 (or 1-1/2)-in Allen-Drive Cap Screws
1/4-in x 20 Zinc-Plated Steel Hex Nut

RAM® Tough-Ball™ with M6-1 x 6mm Threaded Stud

RAM® Double Socket Arm

RAM® Quick-Grip™ XL Phone Holder with Ball

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's interesting. It looks like I could just about fit my TomTom GPS in that position. I've been wondering for a while how to fit it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use Ram Mount for mine, others are great but you will have to use their case for it to work. Ram Mount is very secure with those additional rubber straps (That some riders don’t use) and will hold phone in place for sure. Fits my iPhone 12 Pro Max if you are wondering and yes I can still see my cluster. Just have to angle it to your liking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was thinking about that also, but was worried about excessive vibration or bounce since the 2 balls would be secured on a horizontal axis instead of vertical axis. you experience any issues with bouncing?
It's super sturdy. No bounce whatsoever. I like your set-up too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
reviving old post for people with 19'-21' that need ideas.

this is my setup, no "OCD" problem on my 2021, it should apply for the 19' & 20' also since they have the same shape tank covers.

i didnt go with the "X-grip" like most people so in order to have the key clear the "quick-grip" holder i had to angle the arm back and it touches the tank, so i applied a strip of 3M protective film in the area to prevent scratches to the paint.

1/4-in-20 x 1-1/4 (or 1-1/2)-in Allen-Drive Cap Screws
1/4-in x 20 Zinc-Plated Steel Hex Nut

RAM® Tough-Ball™ with M6-1 x 6mm Threaded Stud

View attachment 68830

RAM® Double Socket Arm
View attachment 68833

RAM® Quick-Grip™ XL Phone Holder with Ball

View attachment 68832
Hi:) May i know where does the 1/4-in-20 x 1-1/4 (or 1-1/2)-in Allen-Drive Cap Screws go?

and i would presume that 1/4-in x 20 Zinc-Plated Steel Hex Nut goes under the RAM® Tough-Ball™ with M6-1 x 6mm Threaded Stud in the first picture right?

·
Registered
2021- R3
16 Posts
Hi:) May i know where does the 1/4-in-20 x 1-1/4 (or 1-1/2)-in Allen-Drive Cap Screws go?

and i would presume that 1/4-in x 20 Zinc-Plated Steel Hex Nut goes under the RAM® Tough-Ball™ with M6-1 x 6mm Threaded Stud in the first picture right?
those are used to replace the "thunb-screw" that come on the connecting arm:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VH6DWRJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the ram-ball just screws into the hole thats already on the frame

·
Registered
363 Posts
THIS is by far the best set-up I've seen!!! I have a 2019, and I personally don't personally want the distractions of a phone on my bike. My wife also rides and R3, and she wanted a phone mount for her bike. This system is the best I've found, and works seamlessly- does NOT block the gauge cluster/tach at all. I highly recommend this kit :cool:-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts