Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
I don't know if the 2020 will have the same MSRP as 2019 at $5299 for ABS model. If so, these graphics will carry a $300 premium. The added graphics seem too busy to me. But I'm an old guy that's as plain as vanilla, so what do I know? Either way, it's nice to see something "special" available for the R3. AND, this advertisement certainly closes the door on any rumors of a different engine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Being a fan of MotoGP i don't mind the graphics. They've had MotoGP inspired graphics before but mostly in the Asian countries never here in the states so I'm excited to see this option available now.

Coming August 2019! would love to see this bike in person at a dealer. I wonder how "limited" it will really be. If anything I'm sure if you wanted you could order the fairings and do a swap yourself might be cheaper. Noticed that the rear spring is yellow, is that an upgrade or just a color change from stock?

Reactions: airhead83

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
Noticed that the rear spring is yellow, is that an upgrade or just a color change from stock?
I noticed that too, looks nice. I didn't see any suspension upgrades mentioned in their advertisement, so I'm guessing color upgrade. Sort of like "gold" forks/shocks, and the occasional "red" brake calipers on some bikes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I noticed that too, looks nice. I didn't see any suspension upgrades mentioned in their advertisement, so I'm guessing color upgrade. Sort of like "gold" forks/shocks, and the occasional "red" brake calipers on some bikes.
Agreed, I re-read through the spec sheets and other than ABS everything else appears to be stock so to speak. As said can't complain I mean you are paying for a "limited edition" bike so having those small changes is always welcome.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
329 Posts
Was by my local dealer yesterday and they are already taking deposits. Supposedly they have one customer who put in their deposit for this bike already. According to the shop apparently, there is a lot of "hype" for this bike perhaps its the draw of the limited edition. Curious to see how things will go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Graphics will attract some buyers for sure. It looks good and if I was in the market for a 2020 I might be swayed. I've the white R3 though and the minimal red graphics actually accents the white more imo. Looks clean and for me the bike wouldn't look good with decals plastered on it. Maybe a small decal later but nothing overboard. Depends on the color I suppose.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Being a fan of MotoGP i don't mind the graphics. They've had MotoGP inspired graphics before but mostly in the Asian countries never here in the states so I'm excited to see this option available now.

. Noticed that the rear spring is yellow, is that an upgrade or just a color change from stock?
This is my R3 purchased December 2016, with the 2017 Moto GP graphics, it has the yellow shock.
Being 64 and a few stone overweight I purchased the Bazzaz and racing pads from Jessie at Norton Fab (Cheers Jessie) with his advise, a 13T g/box sprocket and Pirelli tyres and my Akrapovic exhaust, my mates, son on his Ninja 400 cannot get away from me, when I am leading he falls further behind. My mate bought the R4 stickers for me, told his son when I read his Ninja, he is left behind at bends, he approaches wrong, brakes to early and is never in the right gear leaving. But, being 27 he already knows more than Rossi and Marquez put together :)

Top notch brakes and tyres and previous experience of racing (Production class 250cc) can offset the advantage a bigger bike has on paper

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
to each his/her own but I much prefer to put my own stickers/colours etc.that mean something to me

·
Registered
6 Posts
The graphic looks sick!!
although I prefer the 15-18 model over the new 19 looks.
Either way - as a MotoGP and Rossi's fan I would more than happy to be an owner of one...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I too prefer the earlier Yamaha motoGP colorways where it was more predominantly blue, still waiting to see when these models arrive in dealers so I can check out the bike in person.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hate monster. No way am I advertising for them.
These graphics look cool though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All that advertising sure doesn't make the bike go faster....I would save my money and buy the standard edition...with ABS.

·
Registered
329 Posts
All that advertising sure doesn't make the bike go faster....I would save my money and buy the standard edition...with ABS.
I've lost count but we all know that each sticker adds +5HP :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts