Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess its that time of year again..same great bike, new colorways!

Not sure how I feel about the tail being gray (guess it's mimicking the new 2020 R1) also why did they remove the gold forks?

And the batman "does it come in black?" R3 :)

Reactions: sLing and airhead83

·
Super Moderator
1,349 Posts
Umm, I don't really love it. The gold forks were much nicer and why did the make the tail grey? It should be blue I think, doesn't look right. It's like an after thought or like primer that someone forgot to paint. Not a fan of the gray front fender either.

They should have at least made it silver that would have been better IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad I got a 19..

I’m glad they didn’t change much..and I am really glad I went with a 2019 and didn’t wait. I love my naked blue R3 with the gold forks and a titanium exhaust .looks sic !
I’m building mine to be a naked street fighter. 65 lbs off of her so far and still more to go.
Just plugged in the aracer RC super 2 ecu. Wow, what a difference ! Pulls a wheelie shifting into 2nd and hits 80 in 3rd gear.
Really loving this bike now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m glad they didn’t change much..and I am really glad I went with a 2019 and didn’t wait. I love my naked blue R3 with the gold forks and a titanium exhaust .looks sic !
I’m building mine to be a naked street fighter. 65 lbs off of her so far and still more to go.
Just plugged in the aracer RC super 2 ecu. Wow, what a difference ! Pulls a wheelie shifting into 2nd and hits 80 in 3rd gear.
Really loving this bike now!
will you be making a post about your R3 and how the weight was reduced? Interested im knowing how you removed so much weight and what your bike looks like. Thank you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, I will be doing a whole build write up once it’s full on winter here. I’m finishing an airboat build for a client, then it’s onto the R3 build full time. Eventually want to pull 100 lbs off and over 50 h.p. On this bike. Today I Redid and painted the rear sets, wrapped the edge of the radiator in Black, painted the clutch cable bracket black, Built a license plate holder and installed, And took off the peg scrapers..don’t need those. Not bad for a Wednesday when I’m supposed to be working on the airboat...I just can’t keep my hands or eyes off this bike !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now that I am a member of this club, I found it exciting to see the 2020 R3 announced. Nothing major, of course, but nice color options. Yamaha deserves kudos for going to LED headlights as the bulb lights, I think, are not good enough for this bike. I'd rate the headlights on my 2018 model as 4 out of 10. Improving the headlights is a priority.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It looks to me like Yamaha have reverted to clip-ons above the top yoke, backtracking from the 2019 change to below.

·
Registered
1 Posts
R3

I love my colors....the R3 needs 4 mods and it's a great bike. Full M4 exhaust, reflash the ECU, front forks(new internals) and new rear shock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts