Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Is the Electric Teal color more lady like?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm a younger guy, 20 years old and the Electric teal color on the new R3 really caught my eye. Unfortunately I just can't help but feel like the color is meant for our lady riders out there. This might seem like a childish question, yet I am still really concerned over finding the answer lol. If anyone has any opinions or thoughts on the matter I would love to hear it. I just recently got my license and I am excited about hopefully making my first purchase soon!

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
Nonsense, if you want it, then you buy it and rock it. I like the blue/green, it's the loud ktm-orange wheels that I'd repaint to silver or white (just personal preference).

There was an older rider 2-3 months ago very worried that people would look at him funny for riding a Street Triple even though he was 70. Don't worry about what other people think, as long as you are doing socially acceptable things.

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha R3
13 Posts
I’m a guy and I like it. Saw several guys in a dealer I was at also talking about how good it looked. It only matters if you like it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you like it, buy it. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

Personally, I think the teal bike looks pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
I personally think the colour combination is horrific, but do like the teal. In no way is it more or less feminine than any of the other colour schemes. Like the others have said, if you like it, get it :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
More of a “fashionable at the time thing”, popular colors come and go. Turquoise-y stuff was big in the late50’s to mid60’s, the 80’s, and is seeing a resurgence today. Really nice to see some departure from standard, expected, colors. Personally I’m pretty much over the Matte (insert color here) trend.
wedgie

·
Registered
3 Posts
I LOVE this color scheme!!! as a female, I do not think its "girly" or "lady like" at all! It's definitely different but has become one of why favorites!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love this color scheme! Just bought mine last month. The orange wheels pop and are highly visible. Went on a 9/11 memorial ride with 150 bikers and I had more people turning heads and pointing in my direction. Don’t worry about what people think, make it your own. I also gotta say, the colors mirror the ocean sunset in Key West almost perfectly.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's only 1 opinion that matters. Just ride what you like man. I would ride a bright pink bike if I thought it was cool. But I'm old and sour and i guess I give zero ****s what anyone else thinks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts