Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably have the other colors of adjusters ready in a couple weeks. Do you want the street version that I have now, or the race version with the larger knob on the lever tip?

Any idea when the blue levers will be available? Or can I order it now as Titanium but request blue?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do you have a pic of the race version. Personally I like the bigger end even if it's just for the street.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a pic of the race version. Personally I like the bigger end even if it's just for the street.
They will be ready very soon, I just have to remake the lever piece and get them anodized black to match the rest of the assembly that is already finished.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those look great, I'm glad you like them. I made some progress on the new race levers today, but I probably won't be able to finish them until next weekend, so it'll be 2 weeks before they are anodized and ready to ship.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
new Race version lever tips in process, these should be ready in a couple weeks:

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That reminds me of some really handy information...

The left side grip is MEGA glued on, and has always had to be cut off when I've done this install...AND....the throttle grip can't be easily replaced because it has a bunch of texture molded plastic on the outside. So I forgot, before you do this install, I recommend you either order a replacement OEM left side grip, so it matches the throttle grip and don't even bother removing the left side one from the OEM bars, OR replace the throttle tube with an R6 throttle tube at the same time. The R6 throttle tube shortens the throw, which is awesome, but it also is smooth and will accept standard grips, so you can put whatever new grips you like on both sides.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice! What kind of grips are you using? I really like the look of those, and they probably feel great.
Thanks, vercify. As Bird mentioned, the grips are Renthals. They feel great - nice and sticky. It also complements the gray on the bike really well. A nice upgrade from stock.

Those are Renthals. I run firm compound. $14 at any Cycle Gear or eBay.

http://road.renthal.com/shop/road-products/road-bike-grips/original-series-road

Those 3/4 levers look great installed.
Thanks Bird, they look and feel great. Stock clutch lever was too far out for my liking.

That reminds me of some really handy information...

The left side grip is MEGA glued on, and has always had to be cut off when I've done this install...AND....the throttle grip can't be easily replaced because it has a bunch of texture molded plastic on the outside. So I forgot, before you do this install, I recommend you either order a replacement OEM left side grip, so it matches the throttle grip and don't even bother removing the left side one from the OEM bars, OR replace the throttle tube with an R6 throttle tube at the same time. The R6 throttle tube shortens the throw, which is awesome, but it also is smooth and will accept standard grips, so you can put whatever new grips you like on both sides.
Sweeeet, I may replace the throttle tube. The long stock throttle throw results in lots of mismatched revs when downshifting. I feel like I have to blip with my entire arm, and throw some shoulder action in as well, especially when matching at the upper rev range.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, you either get those ridges, or you can carefully dremel them all off so it's smooth. It's much easier to just replace the throttle tube with an R6 one, they're cheap, and then you get a shorter throttle too.

You can see the ridges through my grips.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All of my levers will be black, but I will have a few different color adjusters here shortly, including blue. I'm going to use blue ones on my bike also.
Jesse

Will you be making any race levers anodized in deep Yamaha blue to match our blue bikes!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts