·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bikes , cars, trucks and even washing machines have had recalls from reputable companies like Yamaha, Honda forever, and in the future they always will.

Ducati MV, and Hyosung don't bother, they prefer the bike just shits the tin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got my letter from Yamaha USA yesterday and called to schedule the work today. The service manager was not aware of the recall but called me back in 10 minutes and scheduled the work for the 28th and said they should have it completed that day. I am satisfied so far. I live 40 miles away but I can load the R3 in my cargo van and drop it off.

My Kawasaki Concours 14 has had 4 recalls and My Ducati 1098 a class action lawsuit. Quite a PIA!

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Seems like it's hard to find a desirable bike with zero issues.

Kawasaki Ninja 300 has a similar issue documented here about the Honda 300. There is a low rate of connecting rod bolt failures that trickle through the N300 forum, though it has mostly tapered off, but the most recent was reported about 2 weeks ago. Mechanic reportedly said it happens too often.

I didn't get N300 because: ecu/engine/dfco stall on clutch pull (recalled), lousy steering head bearing, reports of engine kaboom. Waited for R3, got a bike that stalls at idle if I blip the throttle, clutch bearing time bomb (recalled), oil pump time bomb (recalled).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In 1998 I bought a T595 Triumph Daytona,
its was the latest and greatest and I was the coolest kid on the block.

A frame recall, (MAJOR job)swingarm hub bearing carrier, and clutch recall later...
I enjoyed many years and 68,000 hard riding Km on it.
I don't blame Triumph, I thank them for backing their product and wouldn't hesitate to purchase their brand again

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eh, it's been a long day... Ninja, CBR, whatever. They aren't a R3 so they really don't matter. :)

I did think about spamming the whole forum,
but least I put it in the bike lounge 'other bikes; section :)

Come down to Oz so I spank your arse on the track.... or so you can school me :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:|
Oh, you are trying to be cute.
We all know Honda fixed that issue. The 2008-2011 models have increased compression with low-tension piston rings. That was FIXED on the 2012+ models. Nice try.
Have you not read my signature hehe?
Everyone jokes about Blades engines, even your mate cycleloser said he wont buy a blade 'because they burn oil'... then he actually researched.

ie R3's will be tainted forever, even if they make a new model with diff clutch and Oil pump. prices will plummet, I see this as a good thing, lotsa spares forever :)

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
ie R3's will be tainted forever
It will be the CBR300 tainted. All spare engines are now duds forever. Spare engine swapped into that frame mis-matched vin, did it have the recall or not? No value.

At least spare R3 engines only need an oil pump / clutch plate, a tractable issue for the entry-level garage mechanic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts