Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike is 4000 miles right now. I changed oil and oil filter, just that.

1- should I check something else really important?
2- after oil change there is smelling from engine, I cant say oil or gas, like something weird.
I put Motul 300V 4T Competition Synthetic Oil - 10W40. I am thinking maybe 600 miles oil change was regular oil and I changed synthetic. I checked my service paper.
this one : KAW 10/40 BULK OIL
3- I ordered slip on m4 street slayer exhaust, any comment about it ?

thanks for answers,

·
Registered
196 Posts
Adjust your chain, clean and lube your chain. Go over major bolts and make sure they are still tight. Consider checking the condition of your air filter, color of your brake fluid, tires.

Smell after an oil change is likely due to you spilling some oil on the headers or somewhere that gets hot. It's burning off the oil and the smell should be gone soon.

No one replying because... read your owners manual and maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adjust your chain, clean and lube your chain. Go over major bolts and make sure they are still tight. Consider checking the condition of your air filter, color of your brake fluid, tires.

Smell after an oil change is likely due to you spilling some oil on the headers or somewhere that gets hot. It's burning off the oil and the smell should be gone soon.

No one replying because... read your owners manual and maintenance schedule.

about 1st question maybe you are right but this forum for extra advice if we need. maybe someone had a problem which is not on manual. 2nd question is not about manual, if anyone knows that kind of change ( to synthetic ).
3rd question is specific for users
but thanks for your reply, I appreciate it

·
Registered
223 Posts
You need to also understand there are many, many, many people on here who have no posting accounts, just browsing this forum.

Comments about your m4- you will have to cut your stock exhaust to install it. And be sure to use high temp silicon. Not sure they provide it... guessing they don't.

·
Registered
199 Posts
m1yeh pretty much covered it.

Also, not sure what you're asking about question 2. Switching to synthetic is fine, you can switch back and forth really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts