Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning a bit of a trip for a while and the time has finally come. I'll try to post updates on this thread if anyone is interested. I'm leaving this Saturday, September 17 and will be traveling from Kansas City, Missouri to California (and back again).

I'm riding a 2015 Red R3. If you're on my route, feel free to join me for a bit!

Here's my initial route plan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice!
If you're going up Pacific Coast Highway try and avoid Santa Monica and Venice beach unless that's part of your stop, that area is nothing but tourists, cyclists, traffic and stop lights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice!
If you're going up Pacific Coast Highway try and avoid Santa Monica and Venice beach unless that's part of your stop, that area is nothing but tourists, cyclists, traffic and stop lights.
Shouldn't matter at all since lane splitting is officially legal in California. Max split speed is 55MPH and can't go 15MPH over speed of traffic.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure. Ride safe. ATGATT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is awesome.. I'll be doing the exact opposite sometime in the near future.. Im from California but I used to live in KC an I want to go visit some friends

·
Registered
36 Posts
I took a similar trip and ended up living with a teenage prostitute south of Juarez. We lived off unsalted pretzels, and when they were gone, she was gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts