Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did most of you guys bring it back to the dealership/bike shop for 4000miles or you guys just did it yourself?

I read through the manual and it's mainly "visual" inspection for all other parts and oil change. I understand the importance for 600miles if the bike did not go right at the beginning. But after ride it for 4000miles... (and bike shop repaired it just 1000miles ago/last month for my bike and checked everything) I'm a little hesitate to let the dealership rip me off once more

There's a place nearby home that they teach you how to do oil change and just charge decent hourly rate for using their bike table and tools. I might just bring it over for a simple oil change

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Haven't hit 4K on this bike but on previous brand new bikes I have done the service myself, with the help of a service manual. Once it starts getting to things like valves (around 16k? More?) is when I take it to th dealership.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Haven't hit 4K on this bike but on previous brand new bikes I have done the service myself, with the help of a service manual. Once it starts getting to things like valves (around 16k? More?) is when I take it to th dealership.
Valves are 26 or 26.6k on this bike!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Still haven't done my first oil change. <150 miles. Rain's a coming this way. It'll be a week before I can hit the streets again. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts