Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit 624 miles in my R3 and the oil light hasnt flashed yet. I'm gonna go ahead and change the oil. But should I have the bike looked at because the oil indicator didn't flash at 600 miles. Or does it take longer to flash. The manual says it should flash at 600 miles

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
Good enough for me. I can keep track of miles.
Your Owners Manual (somewhere close to page 3-9) 'Instrument controls and function'.., will tell you how to reset the 'oil change indicator interval'. This will help you keep track of the mileage and the bike's computer will automatically begin to track mileage for the next 3000m service reminder from the mileage you reset it.
I make it a habit to reset at every oil change. it's easy enough to forget and loose track of time.
Since it didn't come on at 600M... be sure to keep an eye out for it after another 3000m . If it doesn't, let your Yamaha Dealer know, so they can correct the problem under warranty.
It's really a neat feature on the R3, why not use it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your Owners Manual (somewhere close to page 3-9) 'Instrument controls and function'.., will tell you how to reset the 'oil change indicator interval'. This will help you keep track of the mileage and the bike's computer will automatically begin to track mileage for the next 3000m service reminder from the mileage you reset it.
I make it a habit to reset at every oil change. it's easy enough to forget and loose track of time.
Since it didn't come on at 600M... be sure to keep an eye out for it after another 3000m . If it doesn't, let your Yamaha Dealer know, so they can correct the problem under warranty.
I agree really neat feature. Plus it's a brand new bike. So everything should work correctly. Thanks. I will keep track of the mileage.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Between my wife and I, we have THREE Yamaha R3's. I bought my 2019 (new), and never had any "reminders" pop-up on any of our bikes? My 2019 has over 5K on the OD, and the other two have several thousand miles on them- never seen anything? I didn't even know it was "a thing" :LOL:.... I just set the oil service odometer when I change the oil.

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
Between my wife and I, we have THREE Yamaha R3's. I bought my 2019 (new), and never had any "reminders" pop-up on any of our bikes? My 2019 has over 5K on the OD, and the other two have several thousand miles on them- never seen anything? I didn't even know it was "a thing" :LOL:....
Well, there you go... Just as I suspected. When one never looks at down the speedometer, there's no way to keep track of the digital readout providing all that vital information. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts