Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it to 600 miles today, so after the ride, the little bike got some love!
:D
Oil and filter change with OEM filter and Maxima oil.
Cleaned, lubed, and checked the chain adjustment.
Checked fluids and tire pressures.
Installed new Graves slip-on exhaust unit! ( Which looks AMAZING! )

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is definitely one of the best looking exhausts. How's it sound?
I agree. It looks great. It really cleans-up the look of the exhaust. The stock exhaust is kind of big and goofy looking. It's also HEAVY.

Sound: I haven't had the chance to take it for a proper ride yet, but just a quick test revealed that the slip-on sounds a little louder, and gives a deeper tone. It's a nice improvement without sounding overly obnoxious. Exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want it to be extra loud, so it seems like it will be just right. I'll know more after I take it out for a good ride. ( Which should be tonight, or possibly tomorrow. )

·
Registered
326 Posts
I really like the graves can but I wish it would retain the stock shield.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like the graves can but I wish it would retain the stock shield.
What do you mean? If it's what I think it means.... you can. If you use longer bolts, you can bolt the stock shield bracket on the outside of the Graves spring bracket. But I think it looks cleaner without it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just like how it covers the cat and also makes it look like an extension of the belly pan.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive always been biased towards maxima. Can you tell a difference with their oil?
Well, not really, but I have peace-of-mind knowing good quality oil is protecting my engine.

I had a 2000 Honda CR500R 2-stroke dirt bike. The thing was stupid powerful. I ran nothing but Maxima Castor-927 in that bike.
No engine wear, no issues.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: I took the R3 out for a good hard run this evening. The new slip-on exhaust is SWEEEET! I LOVE it! Sounds excellent, without being too loud or obnoxious. Nice deep tone. No popping or farting on decel. I'm totally happy with it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Lovveee my Graves on my fz8. Just loud enough but not obnoxious, a really nice tone. If I decide to buy a can for the 3 it'll almost definitely the Graves.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No popping or farting on decel.
But I love that popping noise >:D I have the Tyga exhaust and it pops if I get choppy with the throttle or down shifting while decelerating. Thats good that you like it though ^_^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts