Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I noticed more than a few twin-rotor set-ups. Out of pure curiosity, have you found (in your extensive searches) what exactly these guys are using as far as wheel/rotors/MC's?

Overkill is underrated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
While those videos are interesting, it would be really nice if they would say what mods they did and where they got the parts.

On the first video it looks like, who ever did it, used two of the brake side forks on the front end. That way there was a place to mount the clutch side caliper. Aftermarket wheels though for the second rotor.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed more than a few twin-rotor set-ups. Out of pure curiosity, have you found (in your extensive searches) what exactly these guys are using as far as wheel/rotors/MC's?

Overkill is underrated.
They never seem to include a parts list, so it's hard to determine what they're actually using...

Some of the older YouTube vids of customs listed each and every item. Better.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They never seem to include a parts list, so it's hard to determine what they're actually using...

Some of the older YouTube vids of customs listed each and every item. Better.
I know that yellow/grey lent R25 is using R6 forks and triple tree and I believe i've seen one using CBR 400 forks (i think)

·
Registered
230 Posts
The R25 with 2004 R1 upside down swing arm, dual 6-pots is just nuts. Does he use his pinky on the brake lever? That probably added 20 lbs to the front-end. Looks well executed, though. It would have probably been much easier if not cheaper to put the R25 engine inside the R1 frame.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 41 Posts