Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey R3 forum.

https://youtu.be/RSisWSOpL1o

Just uploaded a clip from my ride through the twisties.
Just put on some PDR2s and wow wow wow, so much more fun!
Still getting used to leaning over since I come from riding mostly Harleys.
Thanks for watching!:D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yup... that's the hot ticket.

I want those same tires, but I just can't bring myself to pull the stock ones when they are basically brand new. I'm going to wear them down a bit before I pull them. ( Which will take me awhile. )
:|

·
Registered
218 Posts

I want those same tires, but I just can't bring myself to pull the stock ones when they are basically brand new. I'm going to wear them down a bit before I pull them. ( Which will take me awhile. )
Just do it, man. I pulled the trigger on the DR2s this morning, even though I've got at least another 4-5k on the stock Michelins. They recently let me down in a big way (lowsided). For the type of riding I do, my decision to keep them on and wear them down was incorrect. Ended up spending a good chunk of change to patch up the bike. All this could've been avoided, if I had just spent the couple hundred for better tires from the get go.

$220 from Revzilla
- $10 Zilla Cash
- $40 Pirelli rebate

$170 shipped.

Small price to pay for peace of mind. Good tires are essential - for any rider, of any skill level. It's false economy to ride out the stockers. Spacep0d recently vlogged about this subject. He makes some good points, which are all, for the most part, common sense, but it's nice to hear it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New video up!

https://youtu.be/I9GThS_CJsw

Trying out some different gopro techniques and editing styles from my ride on Sunday.
Next thing I need to do is mount my mic. Not sure if I will start a motovlog, but I want to pick up other sounds than just wind noise.

Nice vids, man. Stay safe, and have fun.

Thanks!
The PDR2's are awesome. I'm am just waiting forever to get my $40 visa card in the mail.

Switching tires brought new life into the bike that just wasn't there with the stock ones. I now feel much safer leaning it over and cornering with speed, it is great!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

:|
I felt the same way... but with the sale going on and the rebate I just bit the bullet and grabbed a set.
They really make the bike handle a lot better and more enjoyable to ride. I kept my 4,000-mile stock tires just in case i need them again or I turn the bike into a commuter only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts