Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think its going to be a true 300? Most manufacturers have a habit of rounding up, take the CBR300 for example, its actually 286cc....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Probably, if it's more then 39+ hp the. It's probably gonna be a 375cc+ almost like announce of the RC390.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ideally if it's a 375, they'll call it an R4.
I've seen this happen before with other bikes, it's just how the industry moves

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think it will be right around 300cc. If it were a bit above 300cc then I bet Yamaha would call it a r35, and if it were higher than 350cc they would call it an r4. Its always best to round up. So, I'd guess that the displacement will end up being just under 300cc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
the r25 makes good power for its class and i expect the r3 to be just as good

i would expect they would have to get as much displacement as possible to get that power.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think it will be right around 300cc. If it were a bit above 300cc then I bet Yamaha would call it a r35, and if it were higher than 350cc they would call it an r4. Its always best to round up. So, I'd guess that the displacement will end up being just under 300cc.
Be prepared to see 299cc! :|

·
Registered
665 Posts
At this point I don't care how many CC's it will have, if it will be a triple or not, and the rest that people are suggesting, i just want it to release! Take my money!

·
Registered
376 Posts
At this point I don't care how many CC's it will have, if it will be a triple or not, and the rest that people are suggesting, i just want it to release! Take my money!

True, that I just want it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
they just better release it in good timing to stay in line with the competition, but they are yamaha so who knows, maybe that wont matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts