Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum and new to the motorcycle community. I just did a bunch of mods to my R3 to get a little more power from my bike. I did an aRacer mini5 ecu with the af1 wide band o2. Everything installed slick and got the ecu paired and flashed but now I get error code 28 and the bike will not start. When I reinstall the stock ecu the error code goes away. Any ideas? I downloaded the service manual and it doesn’t even list code 28 so I don’t even know what I’m looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just out of curiosity, which version of the ECU did you get and what is the serial number of the stock ECU?

Euro model R3's from 2018 onwards (Chassis code BR5) need the 2019+ model ECU from aRacer while US model bikes (Chassis code 2MS, 2YP, B02) should use the 2015-2018 model ECU from aRacer.

The pinouts and harness has slight variations which can cause a sensor error. Error 28 seems to be an engine temp sensor issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got the 2019+ ecu from aRacer my bike is a us model 2020 with abs. The stock ecu number is B02-H591A-10.
By chassis code do you mean vin? My vin doesn’t have any of the numbers you listed above.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have updated my post above with the correct chassis codes for the US model bikes. You got the wrong ECU model dude. You need the 2015-2018 model ECU from aRacer. The pinouts on these bikes are fundamentally different (sensors are pinned differently) based on the chassis codes I provided. I have done an extensive amount of research on this as well as I bought the wrong ECU the first time round. You can blame EURO4 standards for this mess. Hope you can get it exchanged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I need the 1st gen ecu not the 2019+. Alright hopefully the place I bought it from will take it back!! Thanks for your help Muhammad!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would probably help a lot!! I have a feeling it is gonna be a battle to get the right ecu. Thank you!

·
Registered
309 Posts
As long as you have the chassis code (yours being B02) you should be able to find a compatible ECU. You just need to ask the right questions. Most places that do ECU reflashes should know as they use model specific harnesses which are sold according to chassis code compatibility. Also, be aware if you are purchasing a replacement wiring harness as these have even more variations. For example, B05 has a variant of the harness for the pre 2019 and a variant for the 2019+. B02 is the US 2019+ while the 2MS is pre 2019 non ABS. I am not sure but I believe the 2YP is the pre 2019 ABS model.

Feel free to peruse the variations of the wiring diagrams in my Google Drive

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have updated my post above with the correct chassis codes for the US model bikes. You got the wrong ECU model dude. You need the 2015-2018 model ECU from aRacer. The pinouts on these bikes are fundamentally different (sensors are pinned differently) based on the chassis codes I provided. I have done an extensive amount of research on this as well as I bought the wrong ECU the first time round. You can blame EURO4 standards for this mess. Hope you can get it exchanged.
Hey bro where can I buy the aracer mini5 for the br5 ecu model in USA . I have a 2020 r3 with abs with br5 ecu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts